Thread: Does your car feel like it has 200bhp?

Rides

Does your car feel like it has 200bhp?

Hello All, I have recently tweeked the timing on my red top to the proper settings and it made a hell of a difference, but I still think for 200hp +/- my car feels slow or more like 150 bhp. Am I the only one? I have had two s14a's and although that was a couple of years ago they seemed as though they were about 200 or so horses.

I just wanted to get a bit of feedback, am I the only one, or does the power delivery seem really linear?

I hopefully be getting my car on the rollers soon to get an accurate hp figure.

Rides
    What Im getting at is should I be looking somewhere else if i feel my car is not producing the full whack.
    It is running 0.6 Bar in all gears.

Rides
    On a t25g yea

Rides
    On a t28 0.6 bar.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Why is that then? Boost controller fitted or is it a standard car? Is there anythign wrong with the actuator?

Get is boosting to 14/15 PSI (1 Bar) and youll notice the difference for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Presuming it's an SR20 180SX, then What happened to the bleed solenoid for the turbo actuator? - there would've been one there originally to up the boost in higher gears, but was it junked when the turbo was changed?
    Also, if it's still there but someone's put a speedo converter unit in there to make kph look like mph then the ECU will be getting the wrong speed and maybe holding the solenoid closed for longer.

Rides
    Nope mine feels a little faster.

Rides
    standard they arent great at all imo but with a couple. With a couple of tweaks / parts turns them into different cars