Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DayZ zombie survival

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by bolf View Post
    Anyone watching the streams?

There is a hunger games style event on this weekend friday at 6pm PST , which i think is about 1am saturday morning

14 teams of 2 , fight to the death , custom server , map is limited to 5 miles around berezhino
    That will be definitely worth watching, do you have a link?

Rides
    Its also been announced that they are going to be making a stand alone DayZ game using the ARMA III engine like i thought they would

They are still gonig to develop and patch this alpha version basically use it for testing.

Rides
    There is another game that is in development very similar to this called The WarZ. It "should" be out this year and they are about to go into closed beta testing. Looks really good!

http://www.thewarz.com/

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynB85 View Post
    That will be definitely worth watching, do you have a link?
    yes please, link us up!

Rides
    I dont like how WarZ just appeared and also happened to have a Z in the name LOL.. i think they are trying to jump on the DayZ band wagon..

It looks nice and all the but it wont be as hardcore as DayZ and thats what makes DayZ good

Ill check out WarZ tho

Rides
    http://www.twitch.tv/directory/DayZ

will be the place to view most of it guys ,

http://tmdwn.com/2m5o

will let you know when it begins

I'd recommend watching a guy called Deagen's stream amongst others as he's a funny guy.

Rides
    "Where is the cheapest place to get amra for dayz at the moment then ?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
    "Where is the cheapest place to get amra for dayz at the moment then ?
    Its gone up in price lately, I bought it here. It's a steam key

https://store.bistudio.com/arma2-combined-operations

Rides
    I've not played in a while now due to the influx of script kiddies ruining servers

It can be avoided better if you play on private hive servers but they are not supported, oh well.

Rides
    Bit late to this party but anyone on here still playing this? Downloaded it today and have been playing for a couple of hours, loving it

Not died yet, but not found any major towns either, just getting by with the stuff I find in barns here and there. Excellent concept for a game

Rides
    I literally just installed this again this morning and it's changed a fair bit! Having fun with it again

Do you have a server you use or just any?

Rides
    I only played for the first time today and only in one server (can't remember it now, but I added it to my favourites in case I found it ended up being the only decent one!).

Would be good to team up with someone I think, although I don't have a headset yet, so am limited to the global text chat I think, couldn't spot a way to direct the chat to an individual but that could be me being new to all this

Rides
    If you were able to use the blue text then I think you would have been on a private hive which means your guy won't be there if you join a different server. If you join the same one again he will be.

Rides
    Really? That's a bugger then as I was doing quite well!

Rides
    Enjoy exploring Chenrarus while it lasts. Once you know where everything is and have gained good scavenging skills, the zombies will seem like a minor distraction and you'll be sprinting straight for Balota airfield, the Cherno military tents or the nearest deer stand to grab yourself an AK47 or M16 and it'll be straight PvP.
    I kinda miss the old days of wandering round wondering what was over the next hill or speculating what i would find in those big barns, but now i pretty much know before i get there

Yes I play DayZ a lot, and i used to enjoy it. Then the hackers and script kiddies ruined it and the AS50 one-shot-death-gun became the most common gun in the game . Hopefully the standalone game will sort the hackers though.... as well as adding more features.

I'm playing more Arma II Wasteland now - it's like DayZ without the Zombies and almost as much fun... but nothing quite makes your heart jump out of your chest like DayZ, lol

Rides
    You could always get one of the new maps they've released? Or try one of the more hardcore mods like + or 2017?

I'm deliberately not using any online maps that show what is where to keep it 'real' for longer. May well put me at a disadvantage but just means I will play more cautiously.

Hope the standalone they are releasing is good, will be looking forward to that.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
    You could always get one of the new maps they've released? Or try one of the more hardcore mods like + or 2017?
    None of the other maps are half as good as Chernarus though . I've tried DayZ+ but the Zombies are just as easy to evade even if they do more damage when hit you. Not tried 2017 yet though.

I went for an old fashioned explore this morning, started off on the east coast, went up to Berezino to grab some gear then raided Krasnostav Airstrip and got myself an AK with cobra sight.
    Then i found this:

So now I have a DMR

Some of the scenery is fantastic, Chernarus rocks!

I always seem to spawn with a bandit skin these days, it doesn't help when you're trying to be friendly, everyone is so paranoid in DayZ

Rides
    Good work there! It is a good looking game, just has a very natural look to it.

Rides
    Been playing this for a while, great bit of fun especially when you are in a group on Skype or TeamSpeak.

Del, you are more than welcome to join our group if you want.

Rides
    Cheers mate, may take you up on that offer at some point need a headset though, makes communicating a little tricky without one!

Not sure if I can use my Xbox one somehow? I know I can if using the controller in a game but **** that in DayZ, I'd be dead in minutes!