Thread: 200SX to Imprezza WRX

Rides

200SX to Imprezza WRX

I am thinking of selling my two cars, 200sx and Mazda 6 estate in the hope that I can get the best of both in a sporty wagon, such as Imprezza WRX.

Anyone driven one of these? Will it give me as much of a "buzz" as my 200 does?

Thoughts please.

Rides
    What sort of spec is your 200?

Rides
    Speak to Chris, http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/member.php?15602-lostvo1ce

He has a Blobeye as well as his S14a and took it to the Ring with us in May.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    I am thinking of selling my two cars, 200sx and Mazda 6 estate in the hope that I can get the best of both in a sporty wagon, such as Imprezza WRX.

Anyone driven one of these? Will it give me as much of a "buzz" as my 200 does?

Thoughts please.
    No it won't wrx's are crap sti's are marginally better

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    What sort of spec is your 200?
    Stage 2.

Scoobs can be tuned to 300 with not much fuss either.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by itrhondaboy View Post
    That's why STi's chasing power use the WRX box

WRX is cheaper tax/insurance and for the same work as the STi produces the same power..... (Filter, exhaust, remap)

I personally don't ilke Impreza's. They handle well but you feel so disconnected from the road. S-bodies are MUCH more fun to drive (well S13s anyway)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by itrhondaboy View Post

Ignore retarded comments like this. The guy has probably never owned one.

Too many variables. What year? Modded? You can't compare a Modded 200 to a stock Impreza. The classics are raw and ballistic once around the 320bhp mark. Brakes on early ones are shite. We've had one 6 years. Longshanks on here has just bought a mint WRX RA. He might be worth a PM.

Stock vs stock - a much faster, much more acomplished car than a 200. It's horses for courses though. Depends where you live and roads you use.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave270R View Post
    Ignore retarded comments like this. The guy has probably never owned one.

Too many variables. What year? Modded? You can't compare a Modded 200 to a stock Impreza. The classics are raw and ballistic once around the 320bhp mark. Brakes on early ones are shite. We've had one 6 years. Longshanks on here has just bought a mint WRX RA. He might be worth a PM.

Stock vs stock - a much faster, much more acomplished car than a 200. It's horses for courses though. Depends where you live and roads you use.
    Thanks Dave.

I was thinking of 04/05 models (second generation?), the one with rectangular headlights.

As hinted above, I probably would like to get the power up a bit with the usual basic mods. I probably wouldn't tamper with the suspension as need a degree of ride comfort (the practical side).

I think I need a test drive.

Rides
    drive one, if you get on with 4wd, i think you'll enjoy a slightly tuned impreza. For me though, rwd power delviery is what makes a car 'exciting'.

have you considered lancer evos? Prefer them to the impreza myself and has a bitter image imo

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    Thanks Dave.

I was thinking of 04/05 models (second generation?), the one with rectangular headlights.

As hinted above, I probably would like to get the power up a bit with the usual basic mods. I probably wouldn't tamper with the suspension as need a degree of ride comfort (the practical side).

I think I need a test drive.
    Don't underestimate the value of a shock/spring kit. The Koni SSK setup I had on my Civic back in the day was excellent. Good day-to-day ride comfort but still stiff enough to take a proper B-road blast.

Coilovers are almost always overkill for road use. I can't think of that many people who adjust them on a regular basis after installing them on the car which is used on the road the majority of the time. Nevermind that the majority are far too oversprung and overdamped for road use anyway...