Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's been a while!

Rides

It's been a while!

See post 11 for updated pics

Hi everyone,

Been a while! Hopefully make a local meet soon to catch up with everyone. Been really busy with work and moving house etc.

Also been a few changes car wise - sold the R32 (golf). Need to get the SX back to 100%

Quick pic below

Last edited by _shaun_; 07-10-2012 at 23:12.

Flamethrower
    Rides
    what a shot you have there!!

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Now you're just showing off good work
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Still hate you* .

Absolutely cracking trio of cars on the drive there mate

* He'll get the joke

Rides
    Thanks.

Need to get the S14 sorted....but keep getting distracted! think my turbo dead lol

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    1000hp on the drive yet?

Sweet fleet dude
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    1000hp on the drive yet?

Sweet fleet dude
    lol... just over...

EVO still stock as I only had it a week.

Rides
    Very tasty selection mate. Welcome back

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by _shaun_ View Post
    lol... just over...

EVO still stock as I only had it a week.
    How do you find it compared to the GTR? The stock one I drove felt a bit ........... tame, for an Evo at least

Lovely car but a bit too BMW for me, Id just buy a BMW
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    How do you find it compared to the GTR? The stock one I drove felt a bit ........... tame, for an Evo at least

Lovely car but a bit too BMW for me, Id just buy a BMW
    I think the GTR is better in every way.....stage one at the moment....stage 4 in a few weeks.

The EVO will be stage one and stopping there as GF uses it to go to an from work and as a daily. Not had a chance to drive it loads yet but initailly seems a bit more grippy than the R32 (golf). Golf sounded loads better though! Looked at other cars but wanted something with a bit of modding potential.

S14 that's just da BOSS

Rides

Update

Hi everyone.

Finally found a body shop that I think I will send the S14 to so it can get some TLC. Engine wise gonna stick to the SR, but I have the RB bug in my head still Will prob be a slow process as I just changed the GTR up a bit with a wrap and wheels.....going in for a big service (new brakes as well) and some more mods in a few weeks.

Wheels are Custom Forged 20x10 deep concave on the front and 20x11 extreme concave on the rear. Still run stock tyres with a very very minimal stretch....so can comfortably run wider tyres if I choose. Not spacers as I don't want them on the GTR - custom offset built into the wheel.

Being forged I can rest easy that they are just as, if not stronger than the stock wheels.

Here are some pics with the wrap and wheels....sorry for the iffy quality!!!

Wheels alone

Made sense to change the tyres at the same time I think!

Ready to be fitted

Fitted!

With my other cars

The concave is hard to judge in pics - better in person I think!

Matt and James (from ProjeX) asked me to come along to Players show to have the car on the stand. Friend with the R8 (who wheels they also supplied) was asked as well.

Shaun

Rides
    Stunning!

Cracking line up on cars there dude, Jealous!

Rides
    Blimey, Autys still going then! Thats a long way to come for a set of wheels, look nice though, would have looked amazing with extra concave all round!

Quite like the wrap too.

Alex B

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by -Jamie- View Post
    Stunning!

Cracking line up on cars there dude, Jealous!
    Thanks Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by Alex B View Post
    Blimey, Autys still going then! Thats a long way to come for a set of wheels, look nice though, would have looked amazing with extra concave all round!

Quite like the wrap too.

Alex B
    Yea they seem to be going fine....3 other mates got wheels from them before me and were pleased with the service (even though I was talking to them well before - just couldn't make my mind up!).

James was saying the concave on the rear is pretty close to/if not the max....only other with more that they have done is on Murciélago's. I suppose I could have gone a lot wider front and rear but didn't want to take away from the setup/handling of the car and also wider tyres mean more £££. With these they are 0.5 wider front and rear so stock tyres are fine but can move up a tyre size as well if I want

Rides
    Are they staggered fitment standard then?

Sounds like they've changed a bit from the old South West Tyres days!

Alex B

Rides
    Are they staggered fitment standard then?

Sounds like they've changed a bit from the old South West Tyres days!

Alex B
    Were made specifically for my car with the offset for an "aggressive" stance etc. So you can specify..

Yea, maybe the boys take over from their dad?
    Last edited by _shaun_; 04-10-2012 at 22:27.

Rides
    I meant are the standard wheels staggered, I just assumed they were same width all round same as the old GTR's.

Yeah I think that was always gonna happen, I haven't spoken to them for years.

Alex B

Rides
    I meant are the standard wheels staggered, I just assumed they were same width all round same as the old GTR's.

Yeah I think that was always gonna happen, I haven't spoken to them for years.

Alex B
    With the standard wheels they are (I think) 9.5 fronts and 10.5 rears. The new ones are 10 front and 11 rear. Standard wheels are a lot less aggressive with the offset - sit a lot more in the arch.

Rides

Fast 6

Here's a little story that only happened because the car was so "different" ........

In early Sept when I got a message from a friend telling me garage D are looking for cars for Fast 6. Was about 3am and my fiancé convinced me to ping an e-mail over with the required details - although they had about 70 replies in mins already.

Got a message 2 days later when I was in Venice airport just before I was about to board, telling me the car has been selected. Called the number back and they confirmed some details etc.

Was on set pretty much all the following weekend....such an amazing experience and I really enjoyed it! I was told that there were 400 e-mails received (in two days)and they were all looked at. After those they stopped looking. That was cut to about ~80-100 I think. Then sent to the Americans at Universal studios and they then cut the list further and submitted it to the director. The director, Justin then selected 30 cars from that list. About 200+ e-mails came in after the cars were selected...

Had to keep opening the bonnet to convince people that the car was wrapped and not painted!. Was very humbling to have people ask about my car given some of the other cars there!! Some VERY nice cars used for this scene..........Mod'd Enzo, koenigsegg ccxr, zonda etc

They filmed the main scene and then were doing some insert scenes with cars driving by/in/out etc. I got a message from a friend saying go to my car asap....got there and Julian from Garage D said they just asked him if he could drive my car in the next insert scene!! So about 6 of us got into action with drying off the rain etc.

The other insert scene was filmed by the second unit as the director Justin was with the 1st unit, Vin and Michael filming. Once they started the scene with my car the Justin literally came running over as they could not seem to get it how he wanted...

Was really interesting watching them work! They did a few takes and then Justin walked over to give some more instructions to various people. I looked behind me and Vin was standing watching it all take place before he walked over to Justin. Justin basically said I want more of that car in the shot! They did a few more takes and he was happy.

For all I know the insert scene might not even be used....and might not even see my car in the main scene.....but I can honestly say I won't be too bothered - the experience was great....some good stories from that weekend!

Rides
    ZOMG. Jealous as, those rims are spectacular mate