Thread: Olympic tickets fiasco rant

Rides

Olympic tickets fiasco rant

I mean, just HOW badly can you **** something up?

It's astonishing enough that the vast majority of normal people don't even know someone who has tickets, let alone got some themselves.

And then you read that actually there are tens of thousands left, AND some don't even go on sale till next month and now they are worried about empty seats

Beach volleyball is available. So, when I applied to see it, along with about £1500 of other stuff, and didn't get a sausage, why the **** not offer me that instead!? I couldn't give a monkeys if I see it on a Tuesday morning instead of a Thursday evening.

And I'm sick of corporate twat-face companies in the paper offering 'free tickets' for buying their electric or something. FCUK off, you don't deserve those tickets, you should never have had them, the people of Britain should have those tickets, it's OUR Olympics.

I can't be alone on this. I'm so annoyed at the lack of tickets made available and the 0.002% chance of getting them, that I just have no intention to grab some of the remaining ones, or in fact to go anywhere near London in 9 weeks time - and to me, that's a shame, and a real failure by LOCOG

Rides
    I'm in two minds but I think the majority of the olympics in London is a joke.
    For a start massive parts of London will effectively grind to a halt. The Bus and train drivers want more money for doing the same job. The money spent on the stadiums and necessary infrastructure could have been used better elsewhere. Then theres the ticket fiascos and the corruption that seems to be appearing.
    The olympics are good for the country, they'll generate money for the country but there must have been better places to build the stadiums etc which could have just as easily been adapted to accomodate it all with reasonable transport links. Maybe. I'm looking forward to watching it on the TV but I got no interest in watching it up close and personal.

Rides
    I'd have loved to go and watch them up close and personal while they are so close. But I dont understand why it was such a fiasco to get tickets, I still dont understand how exactly it was done and I really really am lost as to why they had to have such a complex system rather than the same system as anything else, first come first served should have been the way to do it as that would have been fair and would have given everybody an equal chance to go and see the olympics, especially given how much of our tax money has been spent to enable Britain to host the games. Its annoyingly typically British, a right **** up for the normal everyday people of Britain...

Rides
    why dont you stay at home and watch it on tv (in safety)

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by AdDaMan View Post
    why dont you stay at home and watch it on tv (in safety)
    That's exactly what I will do, but would have liked the opportunity to feel the atmosphere in person

Rides
    naa, im only 25miles away and i couldnt give a flier mate!

Sod queueing all day for the possibility of getting blown up by some jihad wananbe