Thread: S13 clockspring

Rides

S13 clockspring

Looking for a complete clockspring for an s13 its for a 180sx but not sure if there different i also need the screws etc it comes with.

Rides
    Hello, we should have a complete column to get one from. I will need to check at work and I will get back to you ASAP. Cheers
    **Currently breaking**
    RX-8 191, RX-8 231

Rides
    Just checked and apprently for a 180sx with an airbag and abs its a different one not sure if that true or not?

Rides
    I dont really know the answer but I would expect if it has an airbag the squib will be different.
    **Currently breaking**
    RX-8 191, RX-8 231

Rides
    it is. to help out. (i recently had to go through all this with mine)

(for airbag models)

if you have HICAS or the car has ever had HICAS, you need a HICAS squib - they have the steering angle sensor in the squib. ABS doesn't affect it.

if you don't have HICAS and you want a squib that's a direct fit, you need either a 180 one, P10 Primera or I think an N15 Almera.

they're *not* the same as S14/S14a ones though I suspect if you were willing to rewire one, it'd physically fit the screw pattern etc.

I bought a P10 Primera one off ebay and it worked fine. have to be careful when you're setting them though.

Itek, if you want to PM me if you need anything else, I did a load of trawling of FAST & google to figure that much out.

nb. afaik, for non airbag models, it uses the same system as the UK S13.

oh and I think there's a few micras it's in common with, but only 1 year of production run shared the parts.
    Last edited by alanjuggler; 24-05-2012 at 10:40.
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    Ideal answer above! That's what forums are all about sharing knowledge. Thanks Alan
    **Currently breaking**
    RX-8 191, RX-8 231

Rides
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/95-96-Niss...item4cffcdcb99

although it's in israel, that's the type of primera I'm talking about - the chap does ship internationally though
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    Right thanks very much for that really helpful post, how do I check if my car has hicas?
    Last edited by AndyS13; 25-05-2012 at 20:32.

Rides
    Sorted ordered that one you said so hopefully get my horn and indicators back!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Itek View Post
    Right thanks very much for that really helpful post, how do I check if my car has hicas?
    Hicas is a rear steering system,never seen one meself only pictures but its a steering rack attached to the rear wheels via hydraulic lines to give slight angle adjust as you do the front steering,If its been removed it may have a Hicas lock out bar fitted,try search on here for 'Hicas 180' maybe,Or pm Alan he's rebuilding a 180 atm

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Itek View Post
    It'll have a HICAS light on the dash when you turn on the ignition, and also a "SUPER HICAS" sticker on the rear window (I think). I thin there's also a control module in the boot.

Failing all the above though, jack up the rear, and look at your subframe assembly. Does it just consist of the usual frame, suspension, hubs, diff etc, or does it have a load of other shyte attached