Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom outer lips

Rides
    And it seems that titanium touch only make flat lips in 18" and above

Rides
    Where did you measure too for the email to image?

Where has the stepped design come from in your picture? With a reverse wheel construction theres normally no room to get the step in.
    Last edited by snops; 07-05-2012 at 09:30.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish N View Post
    Dunks. Many thanks for this. I'm still a bit confused. Basically I can't change a 17" flat lip into a stepped lip?

I wanted to achieve this look:

Not this look

I'm guessing this isn't possible without turning them into an 18" wheel?
    Thats correct. What wheels is it your trying to make into stepped lips, is it sterns as pictured?

Rides
    Is it just the way I'm looking at the pictures, or is the profile the same, but the gold one has got a small lip like the one you hammer balance weights on to?
    I think different angles of the pictures makes it hard to see them properly to compare.

Rides
    have you actually discussed this with Image? they will make almost anything, for their own wheels and others. as for 'chocolate' rims, thatll be the ally spinnings for racers coz they are light, rather than stainless poser rims for the traffic light grand prix ;-) Pretty sure they do stainless spinnings too if thats what lights your fire. Stainless is a little less maleable so maybe not all designs and styles of return lip available in SS as ally though.

dont bother emailing them, speak to them on the phone and get to one of the techie guys, mega helpful.

The Tipton 'langauge barrier' is no worse than dealing wiz ze germans...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CNHSS1 View Post
    have you actually discussed this with Image? they will make almost anything, for their own wheels and others. as for 'chocolate' rims, thatll be the ally spinnings for racers coz they are light, rather than stainless poser rims for the traffic light grand prix ;-) Pretty sure they do stainless spinnings too if thats what lights your fire. Stainless is a little less maleable so maybe not all designs and styles of return lip available in SS as ally though.

dont bother emailing them, speak to them on the phone and get to one of the techie guys, mega helpful.

The Tipton 'langauge barrier' is no worse than dealing wiz ze germans...
    Cheers for that mate. I have been in contact with Image and it seems they cant do stainless. Im getting them to price alloy ones anyway.

on a side note. Ive found these images and these are 17" wheels. So what im after is obviously possible

http://www.hondaprelude.to/forums/sh...tweight-wheels