Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: A caution about a yellow S15 Spec R.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by VIDAL BABBOON View Post
    So the reg on the car now is exactly and 100% the same as the reg when it was over in Ireland ?
    Its a Northern Irish registration, S15's are pretty rare in Northern Ireland? Never mind in Yellow haha.

Rides
    So the reg on the car now is exactly and 100% the same as the reg when it was over in Ireland ?

yes, NORTHERN ireland reg is perefectly legal in England. Ireland reg, however would be something like 99c 29960.

Rides
    yes.

Rides

Rides
    And no mention of damage/repairs so a bit naughty? ,If it was repaired well its not unsafe Imo,But I think I'd be bit pi$$ed off if paid 10k and then found this thread one day ,would it not save someone that heartache and this seller is sent a link to this thread??
    And me personally have witnessed/seen way more dodgy things done to cars here (the mainland?) than a car getting a new roof properly!! hardly grounds to slam the irish really is it?? I can list far to many awful down right deadly dangerous things I have seen done to bodge a smashed wreck back onto the road over many years of working around cars,To call the irish dodgy or what ever it was over seeing a dented roof repaired is a bit silly really

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDY black s13 View Post
    would it not save someone that heartache and this seller is sent a link to this thread??
    I think Vidal B contacted them.

Rides
    Well done to the guys that took the time to warn people on this forum as to the cars true history.

Rides
    Yup the seller knows about the history and provided Photos of the areas that should be affected.

I cant see any evidence of a botch job on the roof and neither can the seller, according to the seller it looks original and he is very confused with the remark that it's been on it's roof.

Rides
    If the roof was entirely cut off low down the pillars,it will be hard to spot as I think another roof and large parts have been swapped,A clever bodywork chap can make it near invisible to detect, so has he had to revise the advert for legal reasons or has he taken the 'it looks fine to me attitude' and still for sale at 10k?? silly boy imo if he has its not a cat c or d but still should be mentioned,bet he's gutted he missed it at 4k in ireland now at the least

Rides
    What a great thread, been sat waiting for a haircut and it's kept be well entertained

Thanks folks

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDY black s13 View Post
    If the roof was entirely cut off low down the pillars,it will be hard to spot as I think another roof and large parts have been swapped,A clever bodywork chap can make it near invisible to detect, so has he had to revise the advert for legal reasons or has he taken the 'it looks fine to me attitude' and still for sale at 10k?? silly boy imo if he has its not a cat c or d but still should be mentioned,bet he's gutted he missed it at 4k in ireland now at the least
    I agree done properly it would be near impossible to tell its been repaired.
    I've seen a Audi rs6 that was only months old at the time come into a bodyshop I worked at came in on two trucks
    Engine and chassis legs came on one truck the rest on another pillars and roof was twisted.
    It got put on a jig straighten'd spot welded new chassis with a proper spot welder left like it was brand new.
    I don't see the problem as long as its done right and if they cant find any signs of damage it's done right it wouldn't put me off buying it