Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A caution about a yellow S15 Spec R.

Rides
    Aye,,, but it hasnt. its a road car.. It was sold for 4k everyone in NI new it had seen a ditch hence it was 4k, for months and months on gumtree.

Rides
    Got some pictures of this from the garage that is now selling the car.

Will whack them up now....

Attachment 77769Attachment 77766Attachment 77770Attachment 77767Attachment 77768
    Last edited by VIDAL BABBOON; 30-05-2012 at 20:41.

Rides
    And finally....

Attachment 77781Attachment 77782Attachment 77783Attachment 77784Attachment 77785

Discuss!

I cant see any evidence of a new roof in these pictures ?

Rides
    Just to add.

All these pictures have come from Paul Brown after me asking about the roof being replaced via the Ebay advert.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Looks like it should to me tbh
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Yup even down to the impossible to remove without braking bits being intact and rusty screws

So im going to say that from those pictures it's either gone back to Nissan Japan and had a new roof put on or this damage has been massively exaggerated and it's just had a new skin or was dent repaired ?

Does anyone know the exact extent of the suggested damage to this car then ?

Rides
    If it was repaired properly then I don't see the problem, the car in those pics could have had a new roof but done well. It's not HPI'd so insurance isn't an issue.
    Plenty of resto jobs replace more metal than that, hell I owned a Berlingo that'd had the entire off side rear corner replaced and you couldn't tell.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadBin View Post
    If it was repaired properly then I don't see the problem, the car in those pics could have had a new roof but done well. It's not HPI'd so insurance isn't an issue.
    Plenty of resto jobs replace more metal than that, hell I owned a Berlingo that'd had the entire off side rear corner replaced and you couldn't tell.
    You are massively missing the point here

Do you know that this car was damaged to begin with OR the extent of the damage or even how well it was repaired ?

Rides
    So what is the point here - the garage know it's been rolled?
    Of course I don't know, but does anyone else here? Some small pics on a forum aren't proof of anything either.

Rides
    The maximum extent of the damage may just be a roof skin, no more worse than a sill skin or door skin. It may have pulled out. It is most certainly is not a cut and shut roof chop job that would have required the A and B pillars cutting and welding as was originally posted.

The glass seal retainer (black bit round door frame) is only held on by a few screws, they may as well remove it and show everyone the roof skin to side box section. And considering the allegations the head lining probably needs to come out too.

If no sign of damage repair can be found then it isn't the car that was rolled in Ireland.

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    I'd buy that car. Even if it was repaired. It looks like a good job.

I think the people making the claims that it is a rolled car from Ireland need to cough up some pictures now.

Rides
    While I don't doubt that the car may have been involved in an accident & repaired, those pics clearly show that the pillars have not been cut and welded, unless like VB said, Nissan did it themselves on their production line. I get the feeling this is one of those situations where the previous owner had a bit of a shunt, and Chinese whispers got the better of the story resulting in "it rolled 14 times through an orphanage killing everyone".

If the damage was that bad, someone must have post-accident pics. Until I see them I'm calling bullshit on this.

Rides
    Replacing a roof skin is nothing and a very common repair.

That car has not been on it's roof from looking at those pictures as the pillars are all straight and original.

Unless there are pictures of this phantom damage im calling it BS.

Rides
    I have absolutely no interest in saying it was rolled or not its nothing to me I have nothin to gain, but it was. Don't think massively but it was def on its roof. Anyone in the know over here, knew. Hence it was 4k. I don't know who chopy heard the story from but I heard it from someone that sourced a part for it who I would def trust have known him a long time. He is also a sxoc member, I also heard same story from another very very well known car supplier over here. Think what people want, look at the pics etc. But I know I didn't buy it and it was 30 mile from me at 4k. You tell me that price is right for a car that is mint.. I bought a s15 few weeks later from elsewhere

Rides
    I have no idea the extent of the damage could be a skin, could be filler just. But it is not original like the advert says

Rides
    I'm not having a go at you mate, just saying it sounds like the damage was possibly blown out of proportion is all. I have no interest in buying it so it's of no concern to me, however I would be curious to see both the original Gumtree ad and pics of the damage, as if it is definitely the same car, and it was rolled, that's one hell of a repair job, and I'd be interested to know who did it.

Just seems fishy to me that if the car was repaired to such a high standard, there should be a record of the repair. If it was a dodgy cut an weld & sell on quick job why would the go to such effort making it all tidy on the parts hidden from view under trim etc? I've seen cars repaired cheaply after & shunt and sold on and believe me, they don't look anywhere near that tidy.

Rides
    I have tried to source a original advert with the low price in it, but were going back 4 months it was for sale. All trace is gone. Similar thread on driftworks, apparently was awaiting pics from the girl that had the accident. Eitherway, hit or not decide for yourself on viewing (but it was), someone is going to make a huge profit lol. to the tune of 5k

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by eager View Post
    I have absolutely no interest in saying it was rolled or not its nothing to me I have nothin to gain, but it was. Don't think massively but it was def on its roof. Anyone in the know over here, knew. Hence it was 4k. I don't know who chopy heard the story from but I heard it from someone that sourced a part for it who I would def trust have known him a long time. He is also a sxoc member, I also heard same story from another very very well known car supplier over here. Think what people want, look at the pics etc. But I know I didn't buy it and it was 30 mile from me at 4k. You tell me that price is right for a car that is mint.. I bought a s15 few weeks later from elsewhere
    I just copied the Add from Jon44w mate, McCready had posted it as he knows who rolled it and who repaired it I think.

I am still trying to get a hold of pictures of the orig damage, there IS pictures but without knowing the guy personally they are proving hard to get a hold of.