Thread: MAP sensor?

Rides

MAP sensor?

hi guy's! just after a price on a perfomance MAP sensor? car is all stage 1 apart from the chip and running about 14psi boost. if you could give me a ball park figure that would be ace! cheers!

Rides
    so you after a 3 bar map sensor around £100 but car uses a airflow meter std, you cant just use a map sensor
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Automotive Performance Tuning - Tel:01603 870990
    Email: sales@ap-tuning.co.uk

FAST ROAD SPEC SR20'S from £3200 Details Here

Power FC Mapping - **Current remap deal!**

Rides
    took it to a garage to see if they could find an air leak and the guy told me that my MAP sensor was on the blink! told me to get a performance one if poss. they don't sell em so i thought i'd ask on here. my car does have std airflow meter i think, can you suggest a course of action? cheers!

Rides
    Somethings not right. If You have a stock ecu You are using MAF (Mass Air FLow) sensor, not a MAP (Manifold air pressure) sensor.
    So either I`m mistaken and You are running a very non-standard setup for a stage 1 or You should change the garage as they are talking balls. .
    And I would say just try cleaning the maf, it can work wonders

Rides
    I have a spare maf if you want one

I can sell you a power fc d-jetro if you want a map sensor system

Rides
    i know its got MAP sensor but i'm not that clued up on it all!!! so by the sonds of it, you guy's think my MAF sensor is shagged and not the MAP?

Rides
    Take a picture of front right corner of engine bay where the air box is situated, from the airbox to the turbo is a rubber elephants trunk pipe that just after the standard air box or air filter (if modified) will be situated a maf sensor, probably the OEM unit at stage 1

If it is then you can open the sensor up with a pozi driver and spray carb cleaner on the sensor element and it will more than likely cure your bad running

If it doesnt then many of us will have a standard maf sensor myself included that we could gladly sell you

Chance are very slim that your running Map, it would mean your running big power or uprated engine management usually reserved for stage3+ cars. I.e 400-500bhp

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by craftygoblin View Post
    i know its got MAP sensor but i'm not that clued up on it all!!! so by the sonds of it, you guy's think my MAF sensor is shagged and not the MAP?
    Unless You have an aftermarket ecu Your car does NOT have a MAP sensor. If its on stock ecu it has MAF sensor only.
    And if You are suspecting boost leak than a dirty/broken MAF can cause simmilar problems.

Rides
    so the guy at the garage was talking out of his exhust pipe then!!! thanks for the help guy's! how much for the MAF sensor JC SX? cheers!