Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: J Performance. Anyone used them?

Rides
    Im not saying that they should have bought from me, we might not have had stock and other traders on here are sometimes cheaper than us and Id be very suprised if someone on here wouldnt have price matched.

Now the board has so many traders I just dont see the need to buy from an unknown and so relatively risky source. The traders on here help fund the forum that the OP has come to looking for advice because hes bought from a non forum trader and is suffering as a result. Just seems a bit ass about face.

Rides
    I think I used them once and had to get my money back via paypal as they would not acknowledge that the product was described wrong. Was an oil filter relocation kit and it was suppose to fit a toyota oil filter but the thread was wrong. Wanted to send it back, no contact, paypal dispute escalated to claim. Only answer was along the lines "its a reloction kit, use other filter" and when I got technical with threads and pitches it went silent. Some time later got my money back, they didn`t even provide me with an address to send the item back.
    Avoid, they dont know a thing about stuff they sell.

Rides
    They are from over here, stuck a post on a local forum to see who owns J performance and see if I can find out anymore information.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by bren View Post
    Im not saying that they should have bought from me, we might not have had stock and other traders on here are sometimes cheaper than us and Id be very suprised if someone on here wouldnt have price matched.

Now the board has so many traders I just dont see the need to buy from an unknown and so relatively risky source. The traders on here help fund the forum that the OP has come to looking for advice because hes bought from a non forum trader and is suffering as a result. Just seems a bit ass about face.
    Without sounding like I'm sticking my tongue up your arse. That's spot on.

The only parts I buy elsewhere are ones that the traders on here don't sell. It's just not worth the risk buying elsewhere if a trader on here sells the same part.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by bren View Post
    Why didnt you support the traders on here in the first place? Surely one of us would have had what you wanted and the chance of getting scammed by one of us is zero
    Hi chaps,

Thanks for the replies, some helpful comments.

As this thread seems to go off on a tangent a little, just wanted to clear up with Bren's statement quickly.

I required the 3" Downpipe with separate CAT, an item
    which Bren unfortunately does not supply, according to the website.

I have previously purchased some great parts from forum members and forum traders alike. (Y)

In regards to using a site that didn't display a phone number, The item I needed is only available on Ebay or at 'JPerformance'. Bad communication from Ebay seller, so i just chose to use this company. It has a good looking website, well written adverts and a wide range of products. Paypal payment was an option too.

What could go wrong?

A fair number of members here seem to have had problems with using this company in the past too, so i'm not alone.

I'm glad that this post is 'out there' in the pool of SXOC knowledge. JPerformace don't deserve good peoples business.

On the whole, Keep to forum traders as mentioned, unless parts are not obtainable.

In this case, i was unfortunate. But hopefully, in the future people will see this post, avoid JPerformance, then buy from Forum traders as also expressed.

Everybody's Happy

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifty View Post
    Hi chaps,

Thanks for the replies, some helpful comments.

As this thread seems to go off on a tangent a little, just wanted to clear up with Bren's statement quickly.

I required the 3" Downpipe with separate CAT, an item
    which Bren unfortunately does not supply, according to the website.

I have previously purchased some great parts from forum members and forum traders alike. (Y)

In regards to using a site that didn't display a phone number, The item I needed is only available on Ebay or at 'JPerformance'. Bad communication from Ebay seller, so i just chose to use this company. It has a good looking website, well written adverts and a wide range of products. Paypal payment was an option too.

What could go wrong?

A fair number of members here seem to have had problems with using this company in the past too, so i'm not alone.

I'm glad that this post is 'out there' in the pool of SXOC knowledge. JPerformace don't deserve good peoples business.

On the whole, Keep to forum traders as mentioned, unless parts are not obtainable.

In this case, i was unfortunate. But hopefully, in the future people will see this post, avoid JPerformance, then buy from Forum traders as also expressed.

Everybody's Happy
    I understand where you are coming from and I don't think anyone is saying you were foolish, just that you were caught out and dealing through forum traders would have avoided that.

For future reference, many things are available from the traders that are not necessarily on their website. It's always worth posting in their sub forums on here to see if they can supply stuff. e.g. Apex supply quite a lot of Nissan OEM parts but they are not on the website.

Alternatively, just post a thread in the Tech section for your car saying "Where can I get a...."

Rides
    Thanks for the feedback, live and learn on this one...

I'll update the forum soon with some pics of my S13 once its ready