Thread: remote central locking - kouki 180sx

Rides

remote central locking - kouki 180sx

alright chaps,

I have nissan fitted remote central locking on my 180 (it definitely is a nissan control unit) using a button on my key. it's not anything like NATs as far as I can see/know about NATs

since the car has had power for the first time in a while, I'm going through various bits and the remote has stopped working (checked the battery) - the central locking is still working though.

I was wondering if anyone else has something similar and knows if it's tied into the standard SR20 ECU?

otherwise I'm looking forward to the really fun adventure of figuring out how it works
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    Yeah, I've got the same system - two buttons on the Nissan key., just like wot the S14s have.

Doesn't work though I seem to have a separate non-Nissan fob that does the central locking. I should pull it apart and see if it's the original controller and if I can get some new fobs.

My passenger door also remotely locks but doesn't unlock, so that's something else to do...

Rides
    Actually, mine can't be Nissan now as the new fob also works an aftermarket immobiliser - sorry.

I don't believe any system is linked to the ECU in any way though - it will just be a central locking system, I bet.

Rides
    mine isn't two buttons, just one

it's a control unit that's mounted on the lower dash cover below the column covers. I'll take some pics and see if anyone knows the specifics.
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

Rides
    My key is a 2 button job definitely Nissan.
    Just a suggestion, the range of these units really deteriorates as they get older for some reason. Try operating the key while you're inside the car or externally just above the windshield on the driver's side it may actually be working. The range on mine is about half a metre irrespective of the battery condition. Other kouki owners I 've spoken to have mentioned similar.
    Also, when the remote entry is working correctly, the car relocks automatically after about 30 seconds if the doors are not opened.
    Last edited by gregthestopsign; 22-04-2012 at 07:07.

Rides
    mine's totally different to that - no auto lock (never was, even before battery disconnect) and it's a single button on the fob. keep on meaning to get some pics.

Rides
    Batteries in the fob ok? May need resync'ing if the ecu's not had power for a while. May be worth trying something like unlocking the door with the key and whilst doing that pressing the button on the fob, or when you switch the ignition on and start cranking press the fob. No idea if that's the technique for nissan's but it works on older VAG cars and sounds pretty generic

Rides
    had a look this weekend, it's definitely *not* a proper NATs type system (or even anything resembling it) it's an independent system that just triggers the central locking on the driver side. it literally looks more like a dealer added option, more than anything else, it is a nissan control unit though.

I'll try with a brand new battery, the only 1616 I had spare had been lying around for a while.

Rides
    Mine has the same thing its a nissan s14 key with an unlock and lock button mine didnt work but changed the batterys and it does now, is there any way to get another fob for these as id like a spare?

Rides
    mine's totally not an S14 type system, single button for lock/unlock, have some pics on my phone, will get them up.

the control unit just says 'KEYLESS' and a nissan p.no, just hooks quite shittily (but with proper wiring plugs - it bridges in a similar way a turbo timer loom would hook in) into the standard central locking system.

tried a new battery, didn't fix it. wonder if it's got out of sync?