Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many cars will break down tomorrow!?

Rides

How many cars will break down tomorrow!?

Well, i was completely oblivious to this fuel crisis / strike / load of bollox thing.......... until tonight.

I have a 300 mile trip in the morning so decided to fill up before going to bed. No supprise..... i had to got to 6 petrol stations before i found one with fuel left.....

Then on the drive home i thought..... how many people have got the last of a 5000L underground tank today (bearing in mind there is normally one 5000L underground tank per pump).... and how much shit and sediment will get sucked into fuel filters tomorrow!

Would be amazed if loads of cars dont break down tomorrow due to blocked fuel filters from shit fuel.

Just a thought!.......

Rides
    I was thinking the same thing today, there must be a fair bit of sediment in the bottom of the tanks, i wouldnt want to be the person get the last few drop out of the pump.

Rides
    its an absolute joke, i have to say the government ****ed up ever so slightly over this

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Janus View Post
    its an absolute joke, i have to say the government ****ed up ever so slightly over this
    If they had said "don't panic" the same idiots would have still rushed out to desperately fill up.

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by stacky View Post
    Then on the drive home i thought..... how many people have got the last of a 5000L underground tank today (bearing in mind there is normally one 5000L underground tank per pump).... and how much shit and sediment will get sucked into fuel filters tomorrow!

Would be amazed if loads of cars dont break down tomorrow due to blocked fuel filters from shit fuel.

Just a thought!.......
    Which is why when I popped into a garage tonight to put PETROL in the 308 (that had a petrol light on and didn't get more than its normal 30l top up added to it I will quickly add ) I used one of the only two pumps that had diesel in. Meant I had to wait a bit but there was a better chance of there still being some petrol in the reserves before the crud at the bottom Meanwhile other impatient petrol users were running the gauntlet on the other pumps brimming like mad....eejits! Including one dim bint who tried to use a pump that had already ran dry completely ignoring the 3 traffic cones telling her so...Then she started screaming at a dude in a van who had told her it wouldn't work. She was a Honda Logo driver, enough said

Rides
    What the hell is a Honda Logo?

Rides
    I filled the S15 up last night as it use the Total Excellium there's plenty of that as nobody else will pay for it

I'm also picking up a new diesel daily tonight which has 55 miles range showing, hopefully the local station will have some tonight. I'd like to drive the s15 every day, but at £120/week it's a bit much

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by drifter View Post
    I filled the S15 up last night as it use the Total Excellium there's plenty of that as nobody else will pay for it

I'm also picking up a new diesel daily tonight which has 55 miles range showing, hopefully the local station will have some tonight. I'd like to drive the s15 every day, but at £120/week it's a bit much
    Ha, im in the exact same boat.... i put super into my 14 which drinks the stuff...... but generally tend to use my 1.9 audi tdi as my daily...... needless to say with the weather this week I have only brought the audi out once lol!

Rides
    The ASDA I use had run out of Diesel yesterday morning but appeared to be selling it again by 6pm - queues up round the carpark and back down on to the main road. And one petrol pump had a guy taking it apart, had a big can for calibrating delivery.

Lots of overtime for tanker drivers so they will need to take some time off. There's time for the petrol stations to fill the tanks, most don't and the low fuel station tanks were a big part of the effect of the fuel blockade. It costs the petrol station money in interest on stock capital to have a full tank. So they are normally run near empty by the time the weekly delivery arrives and only put in what they expect sell in a week.

Rides
    I haven't bought fuel for 3 days but I can see the pumps being busy.
    I remember when the country striked at £1 a litre.
    It's now £1.40, I'm surprised that lorry drivers have not blockaded the roads etc.
    Like they did the last time.

Rides
    Never mind the fact that nothing is going to happen until after Easter anyway, but don't let things like facts prevent people (the general public) being so fcuking stupid . The garages on the A1307 had people queuing in the road to get in which, considering it's single-carriageway and a busy road at the best of times, is not funny.

To be fair to the government though, if they had said nothing then people would have moaned at them for not warning them. Whatever they did, they were going to get moaned at .

Joey200SX - this strike is the fuel delivery drivers wanting 'better pay and working conditions', it has nothing to do with the cost of fuel. As for the public striking, the government banned fuel blockades after the previous efforts nearly brought the country to a standstill.
    Last edited by Cluck; 30-03-2012 at 07:56.

Rides

Rides
    ^^^ funny .

Oh, wait, no sorry I'm supposed to say that this sort of message is completely irresponsible and is leading to the chaos we are seeing on the forecourts. I demand an apology and that you retract your image immediately. Or post a picture of kittens.

NE and Merch Rep type Vigilant teSte's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by marko14a View Post
    What the hell is a Honda Logo?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post

Joey200SX - this strike is the fuel delivery drivers wanting 'better pay and working conditions', it has nothing to do with the cost of fuel. As for the public striking, the government banned fuel blockades after the previous efforts nearly brought the country to a standstill.
    See, not been paying attention filled up two days ago, and station was busy ish, but not as bad as yesterday. I thought it was about fuel prices at first, then found out it was about better pay. IMO is bollocks, i know loads of people out of work, who woud happilly fill their shoes, with less pay too. Not as if they were a nurse or a firefighter to which I would agree with and they prob get better pay compared to them also.

Rides
    actually its nothing to do with pay but meh :-

Fears over safety and growing instability in the fuel industry are pushing oil tanker drivers closer to national strike action warned Britain’s largest union, Unite.

Voting will begin next week in a strike ballot of over 2,000 drivers who work for seven major fuel distribution firms. The ballot will embrace approximately ninety per cent of drivers supplying petrol to UK forecourts.

The firms deliver fuel for around 11 oil companies supplying forecourts across the UK. Strike action could hit the petrol pumps of household names such Sainsburys, Tesco, Asda, BP, Esso and Shell, as well as airports.

Unite makes clear that the vote is not about pay but is about establishing a forum to agree industry-wide best practice on safety, training and terms and conditions in order to stabilise a nationally vital industry. The union's attempts to progress the forum have been thwarted by employers' unrelenting attacks on drivers’ terms and conditions.

Tanker drivers work in an increasingly fragmented, pressurised industry with concerns building that corners are being cut on safety and training in a bid to squeeze profits and win contracts. Drivers face growing job insecurity as a result of the contract merry-go-round and a ‘beat the clock’ culture has flourished with drivers forced to meet ever shorter delivery deadlines.

Final salary pension schemes have been swapped for inferior money purchase schemes, and some workers are now on their sixth pension in as many years with 10 to 15 years left to go in the industry.

Over the next two days the union will be serving notice of the ballot for strike action on seven major distribution companies, Wincanton, DHL, Hoyer, BP, J.W Suckling, Norbert Dentressangle and Turners.

Matt Draper, Unite national officer said: “For over a year we have strived to talk some sense into this industry but they have shown no genuine interest in bringing stability to the supply of this vital national commodity.

“This is not about pay - this is about ensuring that high safety and training standards are maintained so that our communities are safe. It is about a simple measure, the creation of an industry-wide bargaining forum. It is about bringing fairness and stability back to an industry that is now controlled by faceless global giants.”

"This is a clear case of a predatory industry putting its profits and greed before the wider well-being. This workforce is now saying "enough is enough".
    also to add heres some pictures of twats someone emailed me just now

Last edited by Raceworx; 30-03-2012 at 09:10.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant Teste View Post

Wow. It's like they took a Civic and made it even duller!

Rides
    What exactly are the safety issues the drivers are concerned about? I don't recall ever seeing anything the the press about tanker fires or delivery drivers spontaneously combusting. Given there must be thousands of deliveries a day you'd have thought that if it was that dangerous something terrible would have happened by now?

Rides

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by stacky View Post
    Ha, im in the exact same boat.... i put super into my 14 which drinks the stuff...... but generally tend to use my 1.9 audi tdi as my daily...... needless to say with the weather this week I have only brought the audi out once lol!
    Guess what I bought as a daily last night.....A4 tdi