Thread: jono395 and his injectors...

Rides

jono395 and his injectors...

who thinks this is fair?

i needed a set of injectors and jono395 had a set,i paid via paypal as a gift so he didnt have fees.

few days goes by and postman comes in with normal box of letters and parcels so danny who i work with signs and they sit there for a hour or 2 till i get chance to open.

i come across a jiffy bag with a poor amount of sellotape at one end and not much inside,once i rip it open only one injector!,so i look at sellotaped end and theres a hole in it hence 3 injectors have fallen out!

i get in contact with jono who tells me he'll call royal mail,he calls me back telling me ive got to call them and try claim from them,i explain its sender who has to do that and he should get back on to them and let me know

few days pass and i miss a call from him so i pm him,

heres reply
    Re: injectors

Ive spoken to royal mail, and as you have signed for the packet, and it was not damaged i cannot get the insurance to cover it. End of the day you signed for the package, and when the packet is signed for it MUST be inspected for damage, otherwise you wouldnt sign for it etc etc. Like you said to me, it was in a jiffy bag, so can easily be seen / felt if 3x injectors are missing . And for those injectors to fall out, there must have been a hole in the packet of reasonable size that you would notice, they arent exactly small things. IF you had'nt have signed for it, i would qualify for Royal mail insurance, but as you have signed i cannot take responsibilty, its out of my hands. I have the proof that i send off 4x injectors, i can send you this reciept with Consignment ID if you wish, and you can argue with them. The Post Office who i also called, told me they would not accept a package of such a state, that it would come undone. For the same reasons as this instance, a claim could be made as some / parts are lost.

Ive tried to sort it, but like i said, You did sign for it.. And most business' , if not all state that all parcels / deliverys should be inspected before leaving a signature, otherwise a refund / replacement will NOT be given. Because who knows what happened to the injectors in this instance? Please see this from my view. For all i know, you only needed 3, if not 2 etc.. And want your money back so you have free injectors. I dont feel that i should lose out 4x nismo injectors and the payment for them. like i have said, i can send you the reciept of postage, AND the injector which you have sent back to me. But i cannot do anymore than this.

Regards,
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary @ APT
    hi

sorry i missed your call

whats going on with refund?

cheers

gary
    whats peoples thoughts?
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Automotive Performance Tuning - Tel:01603 870990
    Email: sales@ap-tuning.co.uk

FAST ROAD SPEC SR20'S from £3200 Details Here

Power FC Mapping - **Current remap deal!**

Rides
    We sent some locking wheel nuts to the USA via royalmail and when they arrived it was an empty package, just the display packaging and no wheel nuts, claimed from royalmail and they paid compensation,

Pretty sure you are correct and only the sender can submit the claim. IMO jono395 should submit a claim...... I guess if they don't pay up then you can discuss it further?

3rd Overall 2016 JDS Street Class Santa Pod
    7th Overall 2013 JDS Street Class Santa Pod
    8th Overall 2012 JDS Street Class Santa Pod
    9th Overall 2011 JDS Street Class Santa Pod
    2nd Overall 2010 Prostreet drag series Shakespear County Raceway
    4th Overall in street class 2010 HKS drag series Santa Pod
    2nd Place TOTB IX RWD Drag Shoutout

Best 1/4 Mile ... 10.96 @ 132mph Santa Pod October 2nd 2010

Rides
    Not sure where you stand if you've signed for / accepted the item. I'd try contacting Royal Mail and ask where you stand -see if you can get them to email you a claim form stating who should be claiming, so you have some proof in writing to send him if it's the seller that should be making the claim.

Why would you send it as a gift though? So many people on here have been caught out by this many many times when something goes wrong. Fees aren't a lot, and better to pay them and cover yourself

Rides
    yep try claim from royal mail. also unless you know the person never pay as a gift, i learnt that the hard way trust me.

Rides
    You should definitely be able to claim, you have no way of knowing what's in a package when you sign for it until it's been opened. It's not like you sat around for a week waiting for one package to arrive

It's also no easy to tell if a package is open , unless there is a bloody great big tear in it, but you might not notice that if it's in with a big pile of mail.

Rides
    imo the package wasnt wrapped securely enough,hence why they split tape one end but yes sending as a gift was silly and i wont be making that mistake again,paypal would have backed it straight away.

funny driftworks dont want it talked about and locked thread....nice

funny but i reckon if roles were reversed and id sent him in poor package id be hung drawn and guilty
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Automotive Performance Tuning - Tel:01603 870990
    Email: sales@ap-tuning.co.uk

FAST ROAD SPEC SR20'S from £3200 Details Here

Power FC Mapping - **Current remap deal!**

Rides
    I blame him tbh,Injectors should be in boxes within another box and securely taped up etc,Thats how I would post them and how I would expect them to be posted to me If I was the buyer,
    A jiffy bag is a lazy pi$$ take way to post something as delicate as injectors and the cost of them as well its not £5 items is it? more hundreds,Its hardly a box is expensive is it and a bit of thought this would never have happened,TBH if they had all turned up its unlikely they would have been any good bashing together in a jiffy bag,
    sorry to read what happened gary hope you can sort something out regards this

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDY black s13 View Post
    I blame him tbh,Injectors should be in boxes within another box and securely taped up etc,Thats how I would post them and how I would expect them to be posted to me If I was the buyer,
    A jiffy bag is a lazy pi$$ take way to post something as delicate as injectors and the cost of them as well its not £5 items is it? more hundreds,Its hardly a box is expensive is it and a bit of thought this would never have happened,TBH if they had all turned up its unlikely they would have been any good bashing together in a jiffy bag,
    Agree with this, he should of packaged them properly..

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDY black s13 View Post
    yeah i agree with this too.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary@APT View Post
    imo the package wasnt wrapped securely enough,hence why they split tape one end but yes sending as a gift was silly and i wont be making that mistake again,paypal would have backed it straight away.

funny driftworks dont want it talked about and locked thread....nice

funny but i reckon if roles were reversed and id sent him in poor package id be hung drawn and guilty
    Its the new driftworks stupid policy its nothing against you. It seems to be dying a tad over there

I sent a bike frame to someone a while ago and there was a hole the size of a foot in the side of the box that they signed for it and I put a claim in as the headset and few other parts was missing and that claim was paid out. with royal mail too
    Last edited by -ghost-; 27-03-2012 at 19:25.

Rides
    injectors in a jiffy bag last ones i sold where taped up separately in clean bubble wrap and boxed, wheres the protection with a jiffy bag, if they had all been there i bet they would have been damaged

Rides
    You know my thoughts mate Same as everyone else Add a post in here...

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...eedback/page22
    Last edited by drifter; 27-03-2012 at 20:06.

Rides
    Injectors or not ALWAYS check before signing for anything. I tell the guys here the same. Make them bloody wait and if they throw a strop send them away with the item unsigned. Thats what we do at the workshop and all our listings state just the same,we never get any problems.

In order to claim for any damage you must fully inspect your goods before signing for them, if they are damaged you must not sign for them in order to make a claim. If you do sign and later inspect the condition a claim cannot be made.

If delivery is made by Royal Mail and goods are damaged a claim can be made upto the value of £43. Extra cover can be purchased upon request. If goods are lost in transit a claim cannot be made until 15 days after the date of original postage.
    Yeah injectors in a jiffy is not the greatest idea but im sure he's also not a part sending pro! alot of people have far to much trust in the mail services.
    **Currently breaking**
    RX-8 191, RX-8 231