Thread: Was in an accident last night.

Rides

Was in an accident last night.

I was in an accident where an other driver came out of a junction without looking and drive straight into the side of me. I haven't contacted my insurance company, but theirs contacted me and said they would take care of everything, sending out an engineer to assess the damage, sorting me out with a hire car, fiixng the car or paying me a sum for it.

Do i have to tell my insurance company about the accident?

I know the car will get scrapped, its so old and there is quite a bit of damage. Does everything sound normal what the other insurance company are doing?

Rides
    it sounds normal to me, i would let your insurance company know though.

Rides
    I recently had a transit van hit me and his insurance company dealt with everything.

You do need to inform your insurance company though.

Rides
    I was just a bit worried if i contacted my insurance company, things would get complicated. What part will they take when i do call them?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by me54022 View Post
    I was just a bit worried if i contacted my insurance company, things would get complicated. What part will they take when i do call them?
    When you call them just let them know that the 3rd party insurance company have accepted liability and will be providing a hire car and repairing yours. All your insurance company would do is to pass you onto an accident recovery company.

Also, I hope you are feeling well and haven't been hurt.

Rides
    What Daz said. Let them know there has been an accident and that you are dealing directly with the other party's insurance co. and they have accepted liability.

You will need to give them the basic details e.g. dirver's name, reg no., ins co. etc.

Rides
    Cheers guys, i contacted my insurance, they said it was in my policy that i had to tell them about it. They said i will have to mention it when renewal time comes, but he said that it won't affect things.

I am ok, i have had a sore head since the crash. As in a headache, it hasn't been bumped. The thirs party insurers said they would get a personal injury person to call me and see if i have to go and get checked out.

Rides
    I'd go doctors just to be sure and there will be a record of your visit and treatment they may offer,You will need that if any injurys can be claimed apon via the insurers etc,At the very least you should get checked over mate I think just in case,Glad you seem ok tho dude , been a lot of crashes lately it seems on sxoc hope its not a pattern forming

Rides
    That sucks, glad your okay.

Rides
    i was in this situation back in october when i was hit by a taxi, the 3rd party claim company and the bodyshow dealing with it told me not to report it to my insurers and to basically pretend it never happened. Now im due to renew next week and im not sure if i should be letting my insurance company know, the renewal paperwork does state that all accidents should be reported...

any thoughts/advice?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by big_mac View Post
    i was in this situation back in october when i was hit by a taxi, the 3rd party claim company and the bodyshow dealing with it told me not to report it to my insurers and to basically pretend it never happened. Now im due to renew next week and im not sure if i should be letting my insurance company know, the renewal paperwork does state that all accidents should be reported...

any thoughts/advice?
    Might be a bit late but you can find out what details the Claims and Underwriting Exchange (claim data shared between insures via them) hold on you for £10.
    http://www.insurancedatabases.co.uk/default.aspx

If your accident is recorded with the CUE then I would tell the insures, if not then...

Rides
    Check your no claims carefully at renewal as they had knocked 2 years off mine in a similar situation. The way they instantly corrected it when I called up was slightly suspect.

Rides
    I have always hated dealing with insurance companies, its as if there are always trying to scan you. This third party insurance company seem to be doing so great, i just keep expecting something to go wrong.

Rides
    Get down your doctors or to the hospital if you are getting headaches. Me and Laura both received whiplash from mine and laura hit her head. It's well worth getting checked out to make sure there isn't any lasting damage.