Hi everyone,

I thought I would post up some of the results from my mapping session today down at I A Motorsport. It was surprisingly easy to swap everything over for the new fuel, and the power figures speak for themselfs. The only concern was finding a readily available source of eathanol, but we have now managed to find it cheap (and good quality) which we are denaturing down to e85 as and when we need it.

Ok so here are the results:-

Here is a comparison with the previous (fairly rough) map on V-Power:-

Showing boost and afr:-

As you can see...what a jump!

This power has be gained from a stock ca18det (in terms of pistons/rods etc) with a t28rs, exhaust cam mod and matched ports (of course with new 1200cc injectors, Power FC and all the other usual stuff to meet fuel/air needs).

The car is no longer knock limited and is running 20degs of ignition at peak tourque!

Ian (guy mapping it) thinks we can get it to spool up a bit more quickly, but the poor little t28 just doesn't have the flow rate for higher rpm's.

Anyway I thought it may be interesting for some people, and if you are thinking of running e85 all I can say is do it!!!

If you have any questions or anything let me know and I will try to answer (or get the guy that actually knows what he is talking about too lol).

Jon

(oh and here is the link to the whole project \/ )

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drif...011-build.html