Thread: Starting problems.

Rides

Starting problems.

Hello,

My second type S turned up a few days a go and i cannot get it started.
    It would appear to have a Trust eManage piggy back ecu with some of the wires having been cut.
    It was running before it got put on the boat and i cannot for the life me understand why it isn't now.
    Would it be worth (painstakingly) reconnecting all of these wires and trying again or (as it's a type s) have these been cut as not required?

It turns over fine, the fuel pump primes and nothing happens.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Rides
    Either get the eManage manual and find out what the wires are or just unplug the eManage and make sure it starts on the stock ecu
    Thats a start atleast!

Rides
    Sounds like its been messed around with on the boat. Why does it have a piggy back chip on a SPEC S?

Rides
    Channie;
    Can i just unplug it from the ecu? I don't mean will it run, i mean can it physically be done? I thought it was a cut and splice job not a stereo plug style connector.
    If that is the case, i believe i cannot disconnect the piggy back ecu as the airflow signal and a few other signal feeds are spliced into the piggyback from the ecu and back out again. So if there is no feed in there cannot be a feed out and vice versa. Also, it isn't powering up, so that's probably a fairly good place to start.

Sam;
    Yeah, that's the only thing i can think of as the stereo has been stolen and a few bits of trim broken, but why half cut an ecu out?
    And to answer your question, it's fairly heavily tuned. The ecu's looks as if it's connected to the ignition timing as well as the injectors.

Rides
    Reconnected the ecu and it started ok, was a bit of a git to do.
    Thanks for the replys tho.