Thread: Stupid Xbox 360 Metro Video Question

Rides

Stupid Xbox 360 Metro Video Question

In the new dash I cannot for the life of me work out how to play back a downloaded video. I can stream from my PC fine. However say I've downloaded the trailer for Aliens Colonial Marines, where the **** do I play it from!? I can see an option in the 'video' tab for my apps and a video player, but that doesn't let you select the Xbox itself. I can't see anything in home or games. They used to appear in recently downloaded on the Xbox guide. If I use Bing and shout at my Kinect they aren't there.

I can play them through Zune, but who wants to load an app to play a video. I did manage to play I one by selecting the Aliens thing again and selecting play now, which when it finished took me to a screen that looks a lot like the video player app. Now where in the hell is that blumming option on the dash!

Rides
    I think you have to go through Zune and have had to for a while iirc.

Is a pain in the bollock, I'll give you that.

Rides
    That's the thing, you can play them from the dash if you either find the content item again or press the guide button when it says 'Blah downloaded'. I feel I'm missing something that MS think is obvious.

Rides
    I have the answer. It's Zune. Delete Zune and the option will appear in the 'video player' app. Sounds like a bug to me, or MS forcing something on you.

Rides
    Was going to say that I don't have to use Zune as it's not installed - so as you say must be a bug/MS thing