Thread: little bit concerned

Rides

little bit concerned

i have crashed my big spec s13 and everything is declaired but thing is i know they are going to give me as little as possible so im looking for like for like prices but there isnt really any with same spec i guess i have to find similar adverts but sxoc is the only site that i can get prices from as there is nothing on any other site quite like mine looking at parkers guide other day a stock s13 is worth 800 in 2007 so obviously less now but i know that car was worth alot more than that

any advice on getting a like for like price back

Rides
    Unless you have agreed value on the policy your really going to struggle. Best bet is to buy it back and sell the good bits

Rides
    well i stated a price but cant remember wat it was eather 2.5 or 3k but i dont know if they agreed it i would get it back and sell whats left but they took it a fair way away and i bet they will try and make me pay storage fees or release fee

Rides
    i would be surprised if many escaped undamaged tbh i reckon the coilovers will be bent or atleast 1 will bodykit is down to a front bumber, exhaust was ripped off, 1 advan alloy snapped dunno about the condition of others, all bodywork damaged well bonnet could be fillered n sprayed again i guess, only things i can sell is engine, ecu(nistune),subframe and dw bushes ,fmic n pipes, n few guages and other bits

Rides
    http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...ut-selling-s13

this was the for sale thread before and after pics

Rides
    they are having a bubble with this one £800 then £1200 id sooner have the car back and make the money back from parts

also they put it down as cat d and say i cant have it back..... this is going to take a long time as i know that i agreed a value with them and they look on pistonheads where there are no cars with this spec... brilliant they see the cheapest s13 on there sold for 800 and think just cuz milage is less suddenly my mods are worthless... it sold for 800 cuz it was a bargain not because that is what it was worth
    Last edited by xistance1986; 25-01-2012 at 18:03.

Rides
    Stand your ground mate. S13ss are going up in value. Tell them to have a look on ebay and autotrader and see how many there are and at what prices. A good one is hard to get.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Cars-/9801...p3286.c0.m1538

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/u...icksearch/true

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/lis...ter=TP&o=q&pc=

Yours is worth £3k easy. Contact the club committee about getting an official appraisal that you can submit to your insurers.

How much did you have it insured for, agreed or not?
    I'm NOT the Chairman anymore, Ken was. He still likes poo though. Its not Jim either now. Ooh ooh, its now Doc!
    Blue '89 S13, 362 bhp, slowly getting more battered. Spec

Opie Oils : MOT-a-Car : DriftWorks

Rides
    2500-3000

Rides
    What value does it have stated on the insurance documents? They dont normally do a range of value.
    I'm NOT the Chairman anymore, Ken was. He still likes poo though. Its not Jim either now. Ooh ooh, its now Doc!

Rides
    2.5 unless i changed it last renewal

Rides
    Stick to it then and remind them that the car is worth more than that on the open market so you are actually doing them a favour by insuring it at a low value.

But more seriously, explain to them how much money each part cost, the wheels, suspension, bodywork etc. Thats probably more than £2.5k already. Tot up what it would cost to build again to the same spec, that will be more than £2.5k as well. Then ask them why they think you should accept any less than that.

They may well keep fighting but even if they dont back down you will at least know you di all you could and that they are Grade A cnuts.

Rides
    £500 excess aswell lol so even if they offer me 2.5 im only getting 2 which would be the lowest im gunna accept but also they wont give the car back i offered 1,5 and my car back and he said no chance which sounded like f*** you its mine on my end but im guessing it was his attitude gave me that impression.

Rides
    because i kept the s13 cloth bench in the rear for m.o.t purpose he deducted £100 lol the rest is leather s14 seats in decent condition but just cuz the bench was original s13 he dropped that 100

he then attempted to deduct more cuz of the red and black bodywork that is on the logbook and insured and said who wants a car that isnt 1 colour

he tryed taking off 250 for the headunit that i removed which was pioneer and not even £100 new now

he said the z32 brakes dount count for anything second hand and said that they are probably what caused the accident lol come on it passed mot a few weeks ago and they are excellent

Rides
    Out of curiosity.....who are you insured with?

Rides
    Personally I wouldn't talk about an open insurance claim on a public forum, at the very minimum I'd chat about it in the members lounge.

Rides
    also, how about dont claim? or have you struck a TP?

ud be better off not claiming and selling your big spec bits?

Rides
    Yeah that's an option, cancel the claim and break/scrap it, that way (providing you didn't hit anyone else) your no claims should remain unaffected too

Rides
    insurance is just a sack of balls to me to me its just literally something to shove under a coppers nose to say look i'm legal and insured, as for ever claiming, pffft, i personally wouldnt even bother knowing that they'd give me sweet FA, plus my excess i set at 1000,and i wouldnt wanna ruin 10 yrs no claims

Rides
    id say cancel the claim and break it,

more than pay for a new car