Thread: Mot

Rides

Mot

Sad news today pre mot inspection wont pass mot rear sub frame rust:also small part of the chassis,rear lower suspension arms, must way up the options,would like to atempt work myself but i think wight and age might be against me, sell car as is, or find a good second hand subframe and a gararge to fit and any welding to be done that wont charge an arm and leg for the work, would like to keep the car had her from new, and still in with it.

Rides
    dont give it up!!
    they picked me up on the rust on the rear lower arms, but passed it as it was surface...

could try gordon down in gtec, i know hes refurbing a 14a down there at the moment.
    might be able to grab stuff to lend to get you through mot? and can work on the car when you have time then??

Rides
    Not so bad. I had about 10 times more rust than that! Got a load welded for £250 at D J Motors, Gorseinon. Very reasonable. It's only rust on the chassis that I would get welded.

I can't see what you have costing that much to sort.

Also a good excuse to dynax the underside and prep it as much as you can to prevent further issues.

Rides
    i'm sure the rear sub is surface as said! why do you keep going to these mot centres that pick on stupid things?

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!

Rides
    Have you tried NIck (NJ Res.) or Ade? They might be able be able to help. WRT MoT, Derwydd Garage in Llandibie seemed very helpful with mine or, of course, there is always Chris in Merther Tydfil.

Rides
    Car going to G.Tec for work, plus mot, thanks guys will hopfuly do a referb later in the year.

Rides
    Glad to hear it Gerry

I didn't come in here before now as i saw MOT and thought nothing of it, then read the first line and all was not as i had thought lol

The boys at G-Tec will sort her out
    Quote Originally Posted by sideways14a View Post
    Christ i would bang that harder than a barn door in a hurricane.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pdh 14a View Post
    i'm sure the rear sub is surface as said! why do you keep going to these mot centres that pick on stupid things?

Been going to th same place for the last five years no probs, when i arrived this time was told MOT bod had been dismissd and the service manager had left, mot were being sent down to Sovereign Cars for all mot, apparently they had failed another 200sx a few days before .

Thats ok nick your advice when given is always appreciated mate.

Rides
    Gutting,but at least your having it sorted now!Should have waved more underseal around at J&J's instead of the pressure washer!

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!

Head SXOC Security and small penis department TheBigShow's Avatar
    Rides
    i saw MOT

and all i thought was

mot mot mot (keith lemon)

glad your're keeping it a live though