Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Themes

Rides
    It's fine on my phone though Mark so it's not the forum being slow, must be browser specific or something.

1993 [L] RS13 200SX
    2003 [53] MX-5 Angels
    2004 [04] E63 645i
    SXOC Member #199

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    people would prefer a slightly slow SXOC to no SXOC at all.
    I agree

Rides
    Its not white on black thouvh, but grey on black which is a lot harder to read. Purple on black (staff names) is nigh on impossible to read.

Rides
    I don't like the dark forum either, you put up with it on driftworks but I thought we always had the option to change on SXOC???

There used to be a 'old forum style' theme on SXOC, can we not just have something like that.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    We need text to be black on white, this looks like a doument then for those at work and is also much much easier to read.
    I agree to this, dark forums just look like I'm upto no good at work

Rides
    It hadn't occured to me before but orange against grey/black is much easier to read than white on black/grey.

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3k1355 View Post
    I don't like the dark forum either, you put up with it on driftworks but I thought we always had the option to change on SXOC???

There used to be a 'old forum style' theme on SXOC, can we not just have something like that.
    None of the old themes could be ported over. All new themes will have to be made from scratch. Until we can get everything running 100% I'd like to hope the white on black is better than nothing. Either that or we'd have been down for a good few more days while Jim makes multiple extra themes.

Now just a man!
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by bren View Post
    I dont like dark forums. Much prefer black on white. Any reason why the colours have been changed or was it a case of this is the default and its of little importance compared to just getting the forum up and running? General black on white preference aside Ive havent been on here for three weeks and now feely oddly completely out of place.
    Teach you to allow yourself time off

Tbh, I wanted to create a theme that matched the front page style for cohesiveness in the shortest amount of time. Hence fixed with, similar elements and its nice to have a dramatic change when you have been putting in the hours and the demands of people who don't seem to understand the concept of something being done when it is done
    Now just a man!

Rides
    my thoughts as well really, easier to read how it was before, the login boxes i can just about read, and the 'search my threads ' bit is difficult to see, apart from that, oh wait, was gonna put a thumbs up but thats not working

Rides
    ?

i thought it was working, you gimp craig :P
    white '94 s13 200sx scrapped - mapped to 1.45bar. OS giken box, garrett GT2876R, 950cc injectors, ORC twin plate, nistune. 349bhp/325lbft @ 1.3bar CA18DET
    white '96 s13 180sx - type g with more kouki bits - RB25DET, GTR steel twin turbo conversion, RB26 crank & rods. 2.6L VVT twin turbo, SR20 OSG box, OSG STR twin plate clutch, Z32 ECU w/ nistune.

current status: 180 a bit broken but to be repaired.

Rides
    Looking good nice work Jim
    The colour scheme actually seems to strain my eyes less

Rides
    I just wanted to add my voice to the naysayers: I really do not like reading white/grey on black. I don't like complaining for the sake of it - I understand that people have put in a lot of work updating the site - but the new forum look makes it harder to read and harder to navigate. I don't think I will be spending much time on here as a result. Please, pretty please provide an alternative black and white option too?

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    I would ask that all those who are almost instantly dismissing this change. Try it for a while. My first thoughts were WTF!?! o.0 Now I'm fine with it. We will probably tweek this theme and make an alternative "Office Safe" theme in time, but it won't happen overnight. There are actual issues which need addressed before we look at cosmetic ones.

Rides
    I love this new theme. I use autocad every day so work on a black screen with colours on top. So much easier on the eyes .

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    I love this new theme. I use autocad every day so work on a black screen with colours on top. So much easier on the eyes .
    That's probably the issue I have with it - I work overwhelmingly with black on white. Switching to white on black means my eyes have to readjust and it gives me a headache.

Rubix - I'm looking forward to the "office safe" theme. Adding it once any other technical issues are addressed is fine by me, as long as it doesn't get forgotten.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post

White on black is technically 'as easy' to read as white on black.
    Who would have though

I'll give it a few days to get used then see what I think

Rides
    I like the layout guys, but really have to side with the other guys for a black on white screen, its just easier on the eyes.

Driftworks is black and orange and its hard work. PLus white and black is easier to do at work

Nice one on the update, and i understand, 'new update, new feel' but if i could, i'd vote for a white background.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    QFT, i agree with this, the only issue i have is alot of the greys are too similar, which means some of the text is unreadable.

the other issues (not really an issue) is the new format doesnt auto fit my screen size, like the old software did, i know i'm using a large screen (22" wide screen) i get 2 creay borders either side of the forum, even on my 19" 4:3 screen is like that. can this be changed with a different theme?

Rides
    nah,dont like it at all.looks like summat from the dawn of the internet imho.Full width with a choice of styles pls

Rides
    stupid double posting stupidity
    Last edited by cardiff scum; 09-01-2012 at 11:42.