Thread: van insurance arrrh!

Rides

van insurance arrrh!

who do you use for your vans. 2 years ago i was paying £400 fully comp. Now they all seem to want double that. I have 8 years no claims and no convictions. Last year i was with adrian flux which was £537. I know insurance has gone up but thats to much. Anyone recomend anyone other that the compare sites.

Rides
    It's really crap, van insurance has gone through the roof. And before Arry comes along and says 'everyones insurance has gone up blah blah', we haven't really felt too much of an increase down here really - it's VERY safe, minimal number of claims I'd expect. My insurance is still going down, my family's and mates are roughly the same or still falling... aside from Dads van!

3 or 4 years ago he paid £130 FC. Then it was £200. Then about £280. And this year I couldn't get it for less than £400 I had to even remove myself from it as it was adding £80 and that's a bare minimum FC cover too. It's so bad he is going to sell up, get an estate, black the windows, and add business use it's FAR cheaper (about £200..)

His is insured through Admiral Van insurance, I believe

Rides
    i used to have an estate car for work but it wasnt big enough and it doesnt look professional when you turn up to customer in a car. But i remember it being a bout the same to insure my mondeo estate than it does to insure my vivaro van.

Rides
    Its ridiculous my friend owns a carpet fitting company so needs a minimum 6 footer and his has nearly doubled this year too, he is the same sort of situation as yourself, 9 years no claims, no accidents, experience of that sort of vehicle etc etc....

400bhp rollcaged nova turbo £670 fc
    suzuki gsxr 750 £400 fc
    lwb VW LT35 £650 fc

If it keeps getting so much more year on year how long will it be until the average motorist just starts to drive without the insurance and is prepared to run the risk of a £250 fine and 3 points like some of the kids do nowadays as insurance prices them out of the market.

I know two 20 year olds who passed their tests at 18 and have been trying to save up the 3k quotes they got for the last 2 years

edit: he went with vancompare on the internet but doesnt remember who his policy is with.
    Last edited by kingj; 31-12-2011 at 13:16.

Rides
    My 1.9 diesel (0-60 in under 10 minutes) caddy needed a commercial policy and that was over £100 more TPFT than my fully comp golf gti. plus it was SD&P, work that one out.

Rides
    Direct Line came through a corker for me compared to most of the comparison sites etc...
    They were £120 cheaper than most of the others for my horrible little Astravan.

Guess it'll be a good test of them in a couple of months when I buy something newer and bigger...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by kingj View Post
    If it keeps getting so much more year on year how long will it be until the average motorist just starts to drive without the insurance and is prepared to run the risk of a £250 fine and 3 points like some of the kids do nowadays as insurance prices them out of the market.
    its 6-8 points for no insurance

i had a transit 3 years ago cost me less than £300, got a vw transporter now and its over £500 my car costs about the same 300 bhp S15!!!!
    if it keeps going on like this i'll be moving country as i'm fed up of it, and the cost of living its just stupid, any way rant over

Rides
    Feel free to give us a try, we have some good rates for commercial vehicles:

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/insurance-quote.html
    Call us on 01707 642552 or feel free to PM us via the forum

Check out our blog:

www.skyinsurance.co.uk/blog/2013

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Insurance View Post
    Feel free to give us a try, we have some good rates for commercial vehicles:

http://www.skyinsurance.co.uk/insurance-quote.html
    My new motorbike needs a policy fella. Are you still able to quote for bikes?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    My new motorbike needs a policy fella. Are you still able to quote for bikes?
    Hi arry, sure we'll have a look at it for you.

I'll PM you now.

Cheers

Ollie
    Call us on 01707 642552 or feel free to PM us via the forum

Check out our blog:

www.skyinsurance.co.uk/blog/2013

Rides
    same for me I pay £568 on my s14a with mods declared (im 23) but couldnt get insurance for any less than £750 for my astra van, (x reg) and that was with a LOT of searching, its lame!