Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ASDA Parking priorities:

Rides
    I hate people that buy low tax band cars because they are in a low tax band.

Idiot - "I bought this £8k bottom spec shitmobile with manual windows and no air-con because the tax is only £60 a year. How much is your tax?" *smug face*

Me - "£250 a year, but my car cost £3.5k, is fast, fun, doesn't look like a pathetic pile of shite and doesn't make me want to kill myself "

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralz View Post
    I hate people that buy low tax band cars because they are in a low tax band.

Idiot - "I bought this £8k bottom spec shitmobile with manual windows and no air-con because the tax is only £60 a year. How much is your tax?" *smug face*

Me - "£250 a year, but my car cost £3.5k, is fast, fun, doesn't look like a pathetic pile of shite and doesn't make me want to kill myself "

Agreed The cars people could buy for that cash but just want to be a tosser and look like they really care for the environment, I'd rather have an 8yr old 745i thanks!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotaro View Post
    Agreed The cars people could buy for that cash but just want to be a tosser and look like they really care for the environment, I'd rather have an 8yr old 745i thanks!
    Exactly, I tried to persuade a guy at work to buy an e39 M5 but instead he bought some bottom spec Kia because the tax was cheaper

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by cChance View Post
    Seriously?

Thats a load of shite, fair enough disabled bays yea of course that makes sense...but parking priorities on tax bands of cars stupidest thing ive heard of from car parks IMO. I mean i cant go to ASDA due to speedbumps, but still if its just the principal of it!
    yes seriously..

i think its a good idea already happens around the world.. Kei class cars in japan ect. and also just because i enjoy seeing you lot get so wound up about it..

if it means the majority of people go out and buy cheap slow small cars that dont use fuel theres more for me to use and put in my not so small but highly enjoyable car.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralz View Post
    Exactly, I tried to persuade a guy at work to buy a car that does **** all miles to the gallon cost a shit load to insure, service maintain and makes him look like a drug dealer but instead he bought some bottom spec Kia because the tax was cheaper it came with a 7 year warrenty didnt need MOTing for 3 years and wasnt going to cost him shit loads on fuel and insurance...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou-Lou View Post
    Mother and child spaces are just as bad.. my fcuking shopping weighs more than your kid!
    You try getting 2 kids out the back of an S-Body without opening the doors as wide as they'll go

I used to love pulling up into those bays in my old S13, the looks of disdain I'd get off other parents was amusing, until I pulled 2 small children out who they couldn't see

Personally I think mother and baby spaces are fine. Not sure why they need to be really close to the shop though. I'm a parent and my legs work fine. I'd prefer it if they were at the back of the carpark to be honest.

The amount of disabled spaces are getting ridiculous though, are all the Supermarkets expecting the paralymics to turn up?!
    Last edited by McRearout; 28-12-2011 at 07:42.

Rides
    was in a service station on the way back from exter yesterday to see a woman pull up in a merc 4v4 she swung it in and just straddled the lines so she though no one would park next to her.

on her way back to the car i watched this old bloke park up next to her. took him 3 goes to get out of his car door bless him and he pottered off to the service station with his cane. the old dear thinking she was cleaver had to stand there and wait for him to come back so she could get back in her car and go.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by McRearout View Post
    Personally I think mother and baby spaces are fine. Not sure why they need to be really close to the shop though. I'm a parent and my legs work fine. I'd prefer it if they were at the back of the carpark to be honest.
    mother and baby spaces are a fcuking must, there is no way you can get a modern baby seat out of 99% cars without hitting your door on the one parked next to you in a normal car parking space.

Everyone without kids, should be thankful that M&B spaces exist otherwise your car doors would be even worse !

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDY black s13 View Post
    Glad to see its next to the disabled bays,That must make for regular demolition derbys
    They ticket you for parking in the disabled bay Grrrrrr.

Im dead against using these but I had a bad foot a few months back and only used ot to nip in for some anti inflams

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by colinjy View Post
    was in a service station on the way back from exter yesterday to see a woman pull up in a merc 4v4 she swung it in and just straddled the lines so she though no one would park next to her.

on her way back to the car i watched this old bloke park up next to her. took him 3 goes to get out of his car door bless him and he pottered off to the service station with his cane. the old dear thinking she was cleaver had to stand there and wait for him to come back so she could get back in her car and go.
    lol, classic

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by frisbee View Post
    Disabled people are likely to be on incapacity benefit so won't have much spare dosh
    Are we? Where did you get that from? You realise that incapacity benefit doesn't actually even exist any more, right? It's all being migrated to ESA, which seems to be designed to make sure even fewer people are able to claim it. Of course that means that claimants have even less money. Strangely they still need to go shopping though.

Since when did having a disability mean we can't work?

Quote Originally Posted by frisbee View Post
    and their wheelchairs take up valuable aisle space.
    I'm so sorry that the device I need, and others need, takes up so much of your valuable space ... actually no I'm not.

All these people with working legs just get in the way so much, they're so slow and lumbering, and I have to spend all the time looking at their arses.

I used to love pulling up into those bays in my old S13, the looks of disdain I'd get off other parents was amusing, until I pulled 2 small children out who they couldn't see
    I frequently get glared at pulling up to an accessible parking bay in my S13 ... until I unload a wheelchair and roll away. Then the ground suddenly seems really very interesting.

I had an interesting experience about a month ago, coming out of a hospital appointment and sitting in the accessible bay waiting until I felt capable of driving. Watching people come and go. People walking happily out of the hospital and getting into their car, and the number of people who would pull up, see me, and then drive away again.

The amount of disabled spaces are getting ridiculous though, are all the Supermarkets expecting the paralymics to turn up?!
    In what way, ridiculous? At the local stores I go to, they're frequently full at peak times. I don't really know if that's because they're being mis-used, but there are a lot of people with disabilities in the UK, most of them are invisible. Don't you think it would be better to have more accessible spaces than are needed? No? You've not tried to unload a wheelchair in a normal parking space then.

Quote Originally Posted by def View Post

Im dead against using these but I had a bad foot a few months back and only used ot to nip in for some anti inflams
    They do indeed. Most of the mis-use of accessible parking bays seems to be by people who are "just nipping in" for something or other. The only problem is the system doesn't really take into account temporary impairments.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nene View Post
    Are we? Where did you get that from? You realise that incapacity benefit doesn't actually even exist any more, right? It's all being migrated to ESA, which seems to be designed to make sure even fewer people are able to claim it. Of course that means that claimants have even less money. Strangely they still need to go shopping though.

Since when did having a disability mean we can't work?

I'm so sorry that the device I need, and others need, takes up so much of your valuable space ... actually no I'm not.

All these people with working legs just get in the way so much, they're so slow and lumbering, and I have to spend all the time looking at their arses.

I frequently get glared at pulling up to an accessible parking bay in my S13 ... until I unload a wheelchair and roll away. Then the ground suddenly seems really very interesting.

I had an interesting experience about a month ago, coming out of a hospital appointment and sitting in the accessible bay waiting until I felt capable of driving. Watching people come and go. People walking happily out of the hospital and getting into their car, and the number of people who would pull up, see me, and then drive away again.

In what way, ridiculous? At the local stores I go to, they're frequently full at peak times. I don't really know if that's because they're being mis-used, but there are a lot of people with disabilities in the UK, most of them are invisible. Don't you think it would be better to have more accessible spaces than are needed? No? You've not tried to unload a wheelchair in a normal parking space then.

They do indeed. Most of the mis-use of accessible parking bays seems to be by people who are "just nipping in" for something or other. The only problem is the system doesn't really take into account temporary impairments.
    The Asda manager was quite nice about it after I showed her my MASSIVE foot. I didnt have to pay it thank god.

Rides
    The sad thing is, most people don't know if they drive a Band A/B car anyway

Rides
    The most ironic thing about those spaces in the OP?

There are a bunch of specially reserved spaces so that people in LEVs can just drive straight in, nip into a space without faffing around.

Meanwhile the person who shows up in a gigantic V8 petrol Range Rover, assuming they don't just park in one of the reserved spaces anyway, has to faff around for ages looking for a space, driving up and down the car park in 1st gear getting single digit MPG figures and spewing out CO2 and pollutants everywhere.

That's really going to help the environment isn't it? Nobody is going to change their car just because they can park slightly easier at Asda.
    Last edited by Lum; 28-12-2011 at 16:38.

Rides
    Whats the crack if your car is tax exempt then, are you allowed to park in there because you pay even less tax then these low carbon cars?

You could stick an S13 in one, the government has no emissions data on them so for all they know they could be low carbon cars too

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDY black s13 View Post
    I imagine something like this every 1/2 hour
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=g9WOzC8QX9k
    Or this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz398...endscreen&NR=1
    This probably the worst
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Qh53...endscreen&NR=1
    After watching them I'm going to get a cab to go shopping in future
    This fella made me lol; http://youtu.be/6bx3RO7FaRA
    "Ah 'hell with it. It's parked!"

Quote Originally Posted by def View Post

Completley unenforceable, ofcourse.... though I don't take issue with the principal.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3k1355 View Post
    Whats the crack if your car is tax exempt then, are you allowed to park in there because you pay even less tax then these low carbon cars?
    It's actually pretty clear

Bands A&B only, so if your taxation class is C+, PLG, Exempt, Disabled or anything else, you can't park there.

Rides
    TBH who shops at asda anyway?

The food is **** the people in there smell of **** the last time I went back in like 2007 I found the experience ****

This put me off even more: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00nxcf3

asda got a right kick in.

I was in solihull the other day and there was a eco group and there bus was parked on the side of the road making more traffic so while waiting in there clear view I started revving my tax group M car. You could hear the bangs out the exhaust the sun came out the next day too it was win win.
    Last edited by -ghost-; 29-12-2011 at 03:10.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Clouder_sx View Post
    The sad thing is, most people don't know if they drive a Band A/B car anyway
    I don't know what letter mine is.

Pretty sure it wont be a or b though.