Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dandan's FD - Project Lifetimer

Rides
    Looking forward to seeing the finished part that you get printed - I started a thread on 3d printing the other day - it's crazy!

Loving what you're doing with the car - you coming to play at the weekender so we can all see it?

Rides
    Si - i'm not letting that thing near my car! Although I bet it sounds, er, unique at 1.05 bar...

Ben - The cost is somewhat more than i had hoped so I won't be getting it done straight away, but still fully intend to do it eventually. I would like to do the weekender, I'm moving house in 2 weeks so once that is out of the way I will look at booking it up, hope there are some track places left...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandan View Post
    Si - i'm not letting that thing near my car! Although I bet it sounds, er, unique at 1.05 bar...

Ben - The cost is somewhat more than i had hoped so I won't be getting it done straight away, but still fully intend to do it eventually. I would like to do the weekender, I'm moving house in 2 weeks so once that is out of the way I will look at booking it up, hope there are some track places left...
    Have you looked at getting the bits printed in China? My other half did this for her final year project (some bits printed, other bits spun cast) and it was literally 1/10 the price it is to get it done over here. I'll ask her for the place she got her bits done if you're interested?

Rides
    Very

Rides
    That's mental - it would be safe to assume the machines are the same, and the materials the same, just in the UK people charge more for them

Sorry to polute the thread, finished being sad now

Rides
    Do you want to sell me the stock front brace, if the Teins are on?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by skinz180189 View Post
    Do you want to sell me the stock front brace, if the Teins are on?
    I'd already PM'ed you hehe

Rides

Rides
    Thanks for that link Baker, I got in touch with a very nice Chinese lady and gave her all my information, unfortunately i think China's global economic status is growing faster than i'd like, as her quote came in at $760 U.S shipped, that's nearly £500! I can get them in the UK for £300, so looks like I need to save my pennies. I really thought it was going to be considerably cheaper but hey ho, thanks for trying to help out.

In other news, moved the car into it's new home today, my new West midlands Man Cave!

Good thing too cos the drivers window has stopped working and it's in the fully open position...

Rides
    i like this alot deffo subscribing!!!

Rides
    Strange man-cave that - it has a funny looking white thing in the corner

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandan View Post
    Thanks for that link Baker, I got in touch with a very nice Chinese lady and gave her all my information, unfortunately i think China's global economic status is growing faster than i'd like, as her quote came in at $760 U.S shipped, that's nearly £500! I can get them in the UK for £300, so looks like I need to save my pennies. I really thought it was going to be considerably cheaper but hey ho, thanks for trying to help out.
    That's weird! It has been about 4 or 5 years since we used them so maybe they have gone substantially up in the world.

Another one you could try is Shapeways, I haven't used it myself but it does seem fairly cheap. Watch out for design rights though, it could be an easy way of letting other people steal your design and make some money off them if they are popular.

What does it say on the wall at the back of your man cave? ROOTA Nice space for it anyway

Rides
    Yeah i think someone mentioned shapeways to me before, I'll check it out. i don't think many people would go "hey that looks like it would fit in a 92-96 FD front bumper light opening" and then buy a copy of my model!

It says BOOTA on the back wall in bricks, it's the name of the bungalow, i've no idea why. It's owned by an indian gentleman but someone at work said the closest thing in Punjab means 'face'..?

Breadbin, i'm not sure what that thing is, I think you somehow put your greasy tshirts and overalls in and they come out, sort of, well, less greasy? My girlfriends quite keen on it.

Rides
    Nice work dude. That's a tidy looking man cave you have there. I'm quite jealous

Rides
    Right, tomorrow I am finally dropping the car off with Will West for the first stage of bodywork, i'm really excited!
    I'm picking up a freshly trimmed down loom, full set of bushes and a spare set of suspension arms on my way, then Will is going to work his magic for a few weeks, hopefully I can get him to update on this thread as he goes, I can't wait to see what he gets up to!

Rides
    Winnar! Looking forward to results dude.

Rides
    Wish I had a space like that to work in.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadBin View Post
    Strange man-cave that - it has a funny looking white thing in the corner
    That's the replacement engine

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Actual_Ben_Taylor View Post
    That's the replacement engine
    Badum tish. You're banned from my thread, get out.

Rides
    I did chuckles