Thread: my s13 project

Rides

my s13 project

hello

iv been meaning to do this for a about a year now anyway.

iv always loved japanese cars and one day when i was young i saw a s13 so after that i always wanted one. so after a few years go by after passing my test im looking and saving to get one.

i finally find one so i sold my mr2 which i loved.

and went and picked up this one:

one owner with a full service history even had the cambelt done and no modifications.

So when i got back from picking it up 4am i had a fell hours sleep then streight to the workshop in the morning. after the 4 hours driving it back the front brakes were making a painfull squeaking noise so i fitted new pads and discs and the cat back exhaust.

shiny!! .

let me try and find some more pics

Rides
    so this was my first jap turbo car so i got a hks bov which for the first month i loved, i was the daddy but after awhile it lost its fun so i adjusted it up so you really have to nail it to make it go off.

and gave the engine bay a clean.

winter was coming so i didnt really do anything to it apart from wax oiling the underside and niping a hole in the seat while driving in the snow and ice

so i made it though winter with out much trouble so i thought id treat the car to some new wheels and tyres

my wage isnt that good yet so things arn't moving that quick.

so a next up while looking on here i find some tein coilovers at a good price so soon paid for them and a week later

Yayyy!!

so fitted them but didnt take any pics

i didnt slam it as the exhaust would be too close the road.

i was happy with the car but the boot was rusty where the spoiler was then i saw some kouki lights on ebay so soon emptyed my bank account again and a few week later they were sitting in the garage waiting for me to pull my finger out.
    so i finally booked a day off work and ripped my spoiler off to see how bad the rust was and attack it.

and i still had time to fit the koukis

Rides
    so its summer time and the weather is fine

but i havent really touched the car so i thought i give it a full service while doing this noticed how nasty the air box looked so had a ebay session and got a apexi induction kit

so its time for awsomefest so packed the car up

had a really good time there, so hot as well

anyway when i was up there i got the drifting bug after going out in the DW s15 but i loved my car and in my eye its mint and it only going to take hitting a cone to reck it.

so i done what any normal person would

brought another one

the arches and sills are rusty some rust under the car and its been half striped out already but it was around £250 i cant remember but its got 4 pot brakes strut braces front and back nearly stage 1 toyo slick tyres

plans are
    take it to work weld it up
    weld the diff
    fit my bucket seat
    fit harness
    full service maybe change bottom ends
    learn to drift

Rides
    good work mate nice thread

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by keanmccoo View Post
    good work mate nice thread
    cheers buddy

just a little update before the end of the year.

so this month i went to wax oil the car again for winter and i find i have a small fuel leak where one of the brackets hold the pipe it had rusted now i know why my mpg went down abit. so i couldnt get any metal fuel pipe so i cut the rusty apart out, about an inch and sliped over some rubber fuel pipe and clamped it job done.

A few weeks ago i went and picked up aload of goodies from magicmat, real nice guy loaded the van in about 10min but stayed talking for a few hours he even took me to slide motorsport to see his car and the 350z but i mention to him that next on my list is a bucket seat and he said there was some upstairs for sale so had a look then he would let me leave untill i brought one so to keep him calm i brought one

i quite like the brightness, stands out

so iv got some ssr mk1 that have been sitting in my room for ages now so i thought id check one out on the s13 i like it but its such a pain to try and find the right wheelnuts

poor thing is looking sorry for its self but it will all change in the new year can't wait and some big plans for the red one too.

Rides
    Quite liking the green and red combo bud looks a good example

Rides
    cheers mate. its different and stands out

Rides
    good work mate, like the wheels on the white one

Rides
    Will be watching this thread...good progress!

Rides
    Please get those SSR's fitted and throw the Rota's out,

They will look amazing!

Rides
    finally have some time to update.

so iv done quite a bit of driving so the car need abit of tidying up.

so cut out the rust which wasnt really that much put some fresh metal in.

had a slight pay rise so yet another ebay night.

so while i was looking though ebay i came across some s14 brakes really cheap put a bid on a week later i won them. so picked them up and left them in my toolbox for a month.
    found some 5 stud wheels i really wanted so brought a 5 stud conversion, then just about the send the money off for the wheels the guy pulls out

so the hubs turned up so i had to fit them so sold my grids which i loved
    and brought some rota turques 17x9.5 et12

drove for 4 hours to get them, seller said only light curbing so had a quick look in the dark looked ok. got home looked in the morning one is bucked and cracked so wasnt happy but i phoned up rarerims and brought another one came next day very quick great to deal with .

so i got bored at lunch had a spare tyre and now a spare cracked rim. see if i could fit a 205/40/17 on a 9.5j

Rides
    went to fit the 5 stud hubs ete and wheels but the standard s13 archs were a light small so needed them rolled. so went to a place that does it and they said £60 an arch £120 just to do the rears pff no thanks so i brought an arch roller

and did i myself turned out pretty damn well for my first time even the guys in the bodyshop said well done its big coming from them grumpy old men .

Had the car moted and passed no troubles.

next on the list is to lower alittle more.
    fit my new cage

maybe even go stage 2 as my insurance has come down.

more to follow.
    Last edited by crazy-chris; 10-06-2012 at 17:46.

Rides
    so its summer time and the weather is fine

Rides
    very tidy arch work more lows and you'll be sorted
    "If you don't fight for something, you'll fall for anything" - The Wise Man

Rides
    ^^ cheers looking in to getting some more coilovers to go lower^^.

so im bored and its raining so lots of ideas running though my head

im thinking of spraying my roof black with some red metal flake now as there will be lots of metal flake left over do i spray my bonnet black and have red metal flake but im not going down the route of big bodykits yet just maybe some small kouki things so will it look odd thoughts please.

oh and i brought a steering wheel too.

Rides
    Right guys been out of it for a few years! But it's now time to get back in the game and get then 200 back on the road. Anyway here's my update and story soo Far!.

So I was using my s13 everyday and then it started to tap around 3k so at first I thought bottom end so I thought right ok time to rebuild it and forge it couldn't wait so I strip it back and removed the engine

So I had the engine out and was pricing up rebuild and then thought why not get a sr20 so I was looking for one and then it all happened from there!

I joined the fire service

And got my self a great girlfriend
    So I had to buy a new boring daily

Which put everything on hold but life was moving quickly so I didn't think about the s13 too much. Cause I ment to America for a little bit drove this beauty

So I came back and needed some fun but a family member was gonna scrap this little mx5 completely standard so I brought it for £100 and welded it up and modified it.

So I went to jap fest this year and I fell in love for the sbody again even tho we're saving for a house it was time for the s13 to get some love. So I went to japwestmods

Which is just down the road to Brighton

Anyway got back and unloaded my purchases

Sr20det redtop 50k full engine conversion

Which means the s13 needs to come out the shed which had some bloody chickens put in near the 200 when I was away.

Rides

After a good hour scrubbing she was nice and clean looking great I must say.

So I started to take apart the engine and check it over sorry I didn't get pictures so I started to order parts

Had to do it

So things were going great but then this came along a guy at works mum car she's had it since new never been driven in anger so Iv been saying to him for years il buy it and it failed it's mot this year on welding and brake pipe and it's for vvt rattle so I had to have it at a steel of a price.

Which put a stop on the s13 hmm but I'm gonna get the s14a on the road first and use and abuse. Started some of the welding yesterday

Still have both sills to replace.

So guys that's the story so far. Iv missed things but this time I'm gonna try and keep this updated hope you liked the little story haha.

Rides
    What the hell is going on some how all the pictures have mixed up even from years ago! Trying to fix it!

Rides
    So got the s14 home and had to do a couple of side by side pictures

As my main focus was on the s14 I sent the s13 to dry storage away from chickens etc!

Striped down and started work

Rides
    So out comes the welder! 2 X sills and innermost sills

So with the wings off I found where the boost leak was. Am going Fmic anyway

So the nights were drawing in and the rain kept coming so I couldn't work outside anymore had a little move round in my nans shed and got the mx5 and s14 in!

It's still a mess in there but loads of room to work

Got the heater going and started on the arches my plan was to cut it all away and overfender but as this is going to be my play car and learning car I thought fibre glass arch are gonna end up breaking too much so for now just going to repair them.

While I'm at it thought give it a little roll the lips on theses arch a tough as hell I had to slip disc the inner lip just to roll it more solid than I thought!

I have now started on the other side but ran out of gas plus been mega busy at the moment with work and now going on a driving course

After a week hopefully I can get back on it!