Thread: What can be done about the state of our roads.

Rides

What can be done about the state of our roads.

Im sure that everyone feels the same about the state of the roads in this country. Every day i drive to work in the 200 and cringe as i fall into another new cavernous pot hole. I keep thinking i will call the highways agency but there are that many holes im not sure i'd be able to explain where the new one is.

Is there anyway of giving the GPS coordinates

What i want to know is how they can leave the road surface in a state so bad that the car gets pulled to one side when you enter it. Surely there is some legislation for how deep, long and wide a hole can be before it needs imediate action.

Theres a section of road by me thats been like this for a year now with ruts and holes everywhere. Its an A road too.

Maybe we should all keep calling them so they get the idea!

Rides
    My mate had the sump ripped off his Beemer on the roads near birdlip the other day. Massive potholes up there

Rides
    I was under the impression that if they received more than 1 written complaint about a particular road the council will usually fix them through fear of getting sued should anyone get injured due to it?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dow View Post
    I was under the impression that if they received more than 1 written complaint about a particular road the council will usually fix them through fear of getting sued should anyone get injured due to it?
    I better get a list of all the pot holes then complain as me and my old man so they all get fixed.

Rides
    try this for some info dudehttp://potholes.co.uk/

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by dow View Post
    i thought they came to the conclusion it was cheaper to pay repairs to cars and stuff rather than repair the roads.

Theres a road over by my nans thats shocking and has been for a few years, theres a lot of old people in the area and im amazed its not been sorted out as i can imagine an old dear tripping over on it very easily.

Gotta pay my extortionate road tax this morning... cheers cameron.. douchebag

Rides
    Local council website will have a page to report them. I did that and they repaired one the next day

Rides
    So much bollocks written about potholes and council's approach to maintaining them.
    If they fall within a certain set of parameters, and they know about them, they have a duty to repair them. End of.
    However, they can only do that if they know about them.

Ring up your local authority and report them. They should have an SLA for the repairs listed somewhere on their website. If not, they should be able to tell you over the phone when you report them. Most have probably got an online form on their website as well.
    Example: http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/potholes

Rides
    Im sure the ones on the road i drive everyday have been reported. thousands of people use it every day.

Whats an SLA Si?