Thread: Removing Rear Overfenders

Rides

Removing Rear Overfenders

I have on my S13 shell rear overfenders which will not fit in with my future plans, however they have been done properly and all blended in and painted. Who has any tips on how to go about removing them without causing damage to them as i wouldn't mind selling them as opposed to wasting them.

Id imagine it would be a case of sanding around the edges and then gently does it but would mind any tips if its been done before.

Rides
    You really need to establish exactly what it is that is holding them in place first.
    Are they bonded/screwed/riveted/the force..........?

Once you have established that you will (as will anyone else trying to advise) have a better idea how to go about removing them

Quote Originally Posted by Kris C View Post
    I have on my S13 shell rear overfenders which will not fit in with my future plans, however they have been done properly and all blended in and painted. Who has any tips on how to go about removing them without causing damage to them as i wouldn't mind selling them as opposed to wasting them.

Id imagine it would be a case of sanding around the edges and then gently does it but would mind any tips if its been done before.

Rides
    id be more interested in what has been done to the wheel arch under the over fender, as usually they are butchered to accommodate massive wheels.

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    id be more interested in what has been done to the wheel arch under the over fender, as usually they are butchered to accommodate massive wheels.
    This is what I was thinking also
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    aint that whole reason for overs

a persume the shell is doomed for scrap... so I would be inclined to cut the whole rear quarter off, then you'll see from the inside, where the over meets the arch, and how its fixed...

drill rivets out etc

cut around the filler..

far bit for work for about £100 to sell..

Rides
    Its the opposite of scrapping, its my very clean build shell of which i will be putting the rocket bunny arches on so i don't want another 50mm on top of the extra added by the arches. As im putting the arches on the quarters would have to be butchered at some point anyway so that's neither here nor there.
    Cheers all

Rides
    I would most likely start of by sanding down the outside edges of the quarter panel which should expose any screws or rivets to get out, and show you where the fibreglass of the over meets the filler
    bstmeetbllk

Rides
    Personally I reckon it'll be more effort than they're worth...

They'll probably be bonded and rivited, in which case they won't come off without a fight!

Rides
    Hopefully you wont have rivets if they are blended in as it'll be a pain to find them all...

chip away the filler around the edges, use a thin (stanley type) blade to work around the edges, once a little free maybe use a saw and gently work around them. have a few mates on standby to help pulling them off and to take over when you start going mad

take your time

Rides
    Pretty much sounds how i thought, a complete c4nt of a job. Just one of the many ive put off for nearly a year.

Rides
    Invite round a drunk friend I had one come to see my new car xmas eve and when I said the first thing I wanted to do was remove the spoiler on the r32 he just opened the boot to check for screws and whilst I turned round to get a ratchet incase there were any he yanked it off

still got the mastik on the boot though

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by kingj View Post
    Invite round a drunk friend I had one come to see my new car xmas eve and when I said the first thing I wanted to do was remove the spoiler on the r32 he just opened the boot to check for screws and whilst I turned round to get a ratchet incase there were any he yanked it off

still got the mastik on the boot though

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris C View Post
    second that