Thread: Questions, S13/14 hubs

Rides

Questions, S13/14 hubs

Ive looked around and cant get a definitive answer on this. My questions are what parts to i buy for the suspension on my S13. I'm fitting the R33 GTS front subframe to accommodate the RB block and i will be fitting 5 stud hubs, most likely from an S14, and here is were i become unstuck a little.
    If i Buy the Driftworks Geo-Master hubs do i buy them for the S14 to suit the 5 stud? Then what arm kit do i get, id imagine this will depend on the hubs, but will the S13 kit fit the S14 rear hubs (if needed) and the R33 front subframe?

To some it may be straight forward but to me its a minefield

Rides
    The rear should be the same for 13 or 14. For the front you want the s14 knuckle so it can accept the 5 stud hub.

Rides
    DW dont sell geomasters that work with 4 stud (shut up clive) so you want some s14 drive flanges to suit. use s14 or r33 front lower arms and s13 tension rods.

get s13 rear suspension if you have an s13 rear subframe.although now would be a good time to convert to s14 rear end. you have to do a bit of messing to get the s13 handbrake to work with the rear geo masters but it can be done.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunkz View Post
    The rear should be the same for 13 or 14. For the front you want the s14 knuckle so it can accept the 5 stud hub.
    Im with you now

Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    DW dont sell geomasters that work with 4 stud (shut up clive) so you want some s14 drive flanges to suit. use s14 or r33 front lower arms and s13 tension rods.

get s13 rear suspension if you have an s13 rear subframe.although now would be a good time to convert to s14 rear end. you have to do a bit of messing to get the s13 handbrake to work with the rear geo masters but it can be done.
    Whats the benifit of the S14 subframe

Rides
    Ive looked about and cat see anyone who has put the S14 subframe onto the S13 or am i missing an important piece of info here?

Rides
    s14 subframe has 10mm wider track either side and better suspension geometry for improved grip. Have a look at my project thread, I put one on my track car.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunkz View Post
    s14 subframe has 10mm wider track either side and better suspension geometry for improved grip. Have a look at my project thread, I put one on my track car.
    Im on it
    Id assume for the rear i would have to fit the S14 arm set, it may be daft questions but id rather know than order the wrong stuff.

Banned
    Rides
    You willneed a set of solid offset bushes to connect it to the S13 chassis. Not sure you need to get the arms though, as a lot of suspension arms are the same for both S13 and S14 . Maybe the RUCA ones ?

i know front lower arms are 8mm longer (each) on S14 than on S13, so it may be a good idea to get these too. You WILL need an S14 lower ball joint to fit 5 stud hubs, S13 ball joint does not fit (bind), so just get an S14 front lower arm with a ball joint already installed.

Rides
    as dunk said the s14 subframe has different anti squat characteristics to the s13 subframe. you can mod the s13 to improve it but fitting a s14 frame is less complicated.

Rides
    Right ive had a sketch at Dunkz blog and i seems he is using the S14 subframe and knuckles mixed with the S13 arms, so im a bit clearer on what to do now.

Rides
    FYI I run s23 front lca's with 5 stud hubs, using the s14 ballpoint in the s 13 arm, If you want to keep narrow track width.