Thread: Joined to do some research

Rides

Joined to do some research

I have always loved JDM cars. Have wanted one for so long.

But I'm yet to own one of these perfect machines. I currently drive a vauxhall corsa 1.8 Sri. Its a pile of rubbish haha, when i got it was the biggest petrol engined car i could afford to insure. But after 2 years of owning it, i was so bored of it it was off the road for a couple of months with no tax insurance or MOT. When i did this i found out that someone used the car and when i arrived home the car was gone and i thought it had been impounded, but i really didn't care that my car was gone. It was at this point I decided it was time to start looking for new cars.

Looked at vauxhall VXRs, mk1 focus RS but they just didn't do it for me.

So looked at skyline r32/33, supra twin turbos and RX7s. As expected there was no way i could afford to insure one. Then i remembered about the s14 and that brought me to the s15.

To my surprise i can afford to insure this car and because of how little i actually use my own car due to having a company van, the running costs are not a problem. Its a fun car.

So I've joined here to get to know a few of you guys and learn about the car while I'm saving. Being on here will also give me the motivation to save the money needed.

When i have the money I'll be looking for a 1999ish spec R with the SR20DET motor

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Welcome mate

The s15 is an awesome car, it's lighter than most of the other cars on your list also which makes a huge difference
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Thanks for the welcome. Ive been told they are light cars.

The low weight + RWD + Double the power of my current car will be a learning curve, a fun and scary curve i imagine haha

Rides
    Welcome lad and yea it will be a shock to the system, got myself an s14a just coming up on 6 months ago, was looking at skylines and evos etc but decided to go for this mostly due to insurance aswell, awesome cars tho be prepared to throw money at it tho, I've spent a silly amount already uprating parts that go, tho I'm prity sure I was done a wee bit with this car lol

Still glad I got it tho

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy01 View Post
    Thanks for the welcome. Ive been told they are light cars.

The low weight + RWD + Double the power of my current car will be a learning curve, a fun and scary curve i imagine haha
    yep the 200 has caught out even the most experienced of us at some point.

definitely trat with respect.

Head SXOC Security and small penis department TheBigShow's Avatar
    Rides
    Welcome to the club.

I stepped up from a 1.3dt corsa to my first 200. An s14a! Big learning curve but awesome cars.

You have some awesome members in your area, definately worth getting to know a few.
    I would love an s15 but the s13 is still my Fav 200.

If you need help, you'll find everything on here.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogan View Post
    Welcome lad and yea it will be a shock to the system, got myself an s14a just coming up on 6 months ago, was looking at skylines and evos etc but decided to go for this mostly due to insurance aswell, awesome cars tho be prepared to throw money at it tho, I've spent a silly amount already uprating parts that go, tho I'm prity sure I was done a wee bit with this car lol

Still glad I got it tho
    Im lucky enough to have a company van so the car won't be needed everyday so if something does go on it it can sit on the drive until i can get it repaired. Unlucky on being done on yours, but ill bet once everything was uprated ill put money on it being an awesome car.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_e1 View Post
    yep the 200 has caught out even the most experienced of us at some point.

definitely trat with respect.
    Will certainly treat it with respect haha. i do plan on tuning the motor but i won't go near the motor until I'm used to driving the car as it is. Don't want to risk destroying it when i get it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Welcome to the club.

I stepped up from a 1.3dt corsa to my first 200. An s14a! Big learning curve but awesome cars.

You have some awesome members in your area, definately worth getting to know a few.
    I would love an s15 but the s13 is still my Fav 200.

If you need help, you'll find everything on here.

Ive introduced myself in the regional area and do intend on meeting a few of the members to nose around their cars.