Thread: Anyone had any experience of the Volvo C70?

Rides

Anyone had any experience of the Volvo C70?

I've had an MG ZS for 6 months now which I bought with the intention of selling on for profit. At the current price it's advertised for (£695) I'm losing £300 in it

I've just been offered a straight swap for a 1998 Volvo C70 T5 auto, bronze, 150k miles, MOT April, Tax Decemeber, and the bodywork is "not bad." Apparently it will need a balljoint soon, but nothing else wrong with it

Anyone had any experience of them? Or how hard they are to sell? I didn't really want to take a p/x or do a swap but the MG is harder to get rid of than aids!

Rides
    Theyre good cars when looked after but a nightmare to sell on, Sadly its a fact that in todays climate not many people will want to buy a 13 year old car that does 20mpg and is very expensive to maintain.

Ive had 4 Volvos two in T5 form and 2 R models, The reason i sold the T5's on quickly is because they where well known cars in the Volvo scene and where heavily modified....Ive seen standard high milage T5s for sale for months on the forums.

Theyre just not desirable to the masses.

Rides
    very well made solid cars, we had no issues other than a balljoint and my dads still running it now - 4yrs we have had it.

The ball joints really easy to do, unless some arse hole has arledite'd it in like on ours. (£35 from Euro parts)

Rides
    I'd say if it's been looked after then that would be a fair swap. Auto isn't preferable for me, but I've driven an auto C70 T5 and it was nice enough, still pulled well.

Mileage is no issue on the T5 lumps, or the x70 models really. I've had an 850 T5 on 220k, and an 850R on 150k. Both had full Volvo history and never let me down.

Trouble is, I've seen decent C70's of that age sell for around £1k, so depending how good it is, you may get a little less. Trouble is, it's not really the time of year either, people are shelling out on xmas stuff.

Rides
    Cheers guys

I know Volvos are really well built, just depends whether this one has been looked after or not. I'm not too fussed about bodywork since I can paint it without any hassle. It's got part service history, but the guy's only had it a couple of months which makes me think there's possibly something sinister. Wouldn't mind swapping if I could tart it up and sell it on for £800 or more. Like I said, the MG is harder to get rid of than aids. Annoying since it's a cracking car

The guy was supposed to come up this afternoon to have a look but didn't show up so looks like it's not gonna happen anyway.