Thread: What a joke!

Rides

What a joke!

I must say that I am simply upset with the way my policy is run

I am happy with what I am paying until I changed my occupation, I was a retail manager and I am now a gardener which according to their customer service representative is a "more higher risk job" and for being honest and telling the company about my job change I had to be re-quoted and charged and extra £140!!

I can tell you now it's not a high risk job, my car gets driven no more or no less then it was before! In fact it's less because I now have a company can which I can take home and use as I please!

Plus I was on the phone for 30 minutes plus most of that was spent on hold whilst the systems were "having trouble" so on a mobile I dred to think how much I have to pay, and all because I was honest and corrected the employee on my occupation

I am frankly disgusted as this outcome, as I would always recommend them to friends for such great service and prices, but after today now I'm not so sure I'd bother!

Rides
    Statistically if it's a higher risk your premium will go up.

Rides
    How long is left on your premium as that £140 would only be based on the remainder.

Did you state you will be have use of a 2nd vehicle? based on the fact you have use of a company vehicle will your milage drop?

Rides
    I have 2 instalments left to pay and I'm insured till may

I told them I have a company van and I declared 2000 miles as I hardly ever use the car, I even have to start it a few times a week to make sure it works! That's how less I use it!

Rides
    Insurance is weird, doing some quotes the other day it was about £1k cheaper to say my car was kept on the road instead of a garage, if i increased the value of the car it went down and if i increased the mileage it went down....It's a load of bollocks!

This was with admiral. But i did get a pretty good quote.

Rides
    yeah the garage thing is weird, its quite apparent accross the board of companies,

maybe to do with something happening to your house (fire etc) which could damage the car?

Rides
    Strange this is they will insure my MR2 and Silvia for cheap, but if I wanted an MX5/Suabaru they want over £3k!

Down in the foam, playing with the string...
    Rides
    I had a similar thing when I changed from the 200sx to the 205 GTi then changed job and replaced it with the Golf GT-TDi as I needed the economy. From £400 on the Nissan to £350 on the Pug. Then up MASSVELY to almost £800 for a 5 door diesel Golf!!!! Apparently its a "high risk car"

I'm now with Sky for less than half that...

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Does no-one understand how insurance actually works these days? Since the world and his wife have started using half arsed sites like Go Compare and that Meerkat wakner, everything is done on statistics.

Statistically gardeners are probably using their cars more than retail managers, even if they arent thats what the stats say so thats what the quote says.

Since no-one uses actual brokers with actual common sense anymore, thats the way it has to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Who are actual brokers with common sense then?

Rides
    Well after my email, they have taken off the £25 admin fee.....whoop de doo

Rides
    Tried asking Dan@adrianflux on here?

Rides
    speaking for myself with another company, i was a production engineer for years, with a millage of 15k a year,

got my new job as a binman and said i would only be doing about 6000miles a year and they stiffed me too. charged me an extra £70.