Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sneak Peak! Mazworx SR to Z33 transmission conversion

Rides
    With the full kit will the shifter be in the factory position? Or will it be in a different position like a R33 box conversion?

Rides
    Is there any news on this?

Rides
    This does seem very interesting. What are the gear ratio's compared to an s14 box. I have an s14a with auto diff. I love the short gearing. But would love 5th to be taller for cruising. Soba 6 speed box might be the answer

Rides
    All the ratios are in a thread I started in s14 technical.

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Update:

This is virtually the best we can get a standard Z33 shifter to sit in the factory tunnel. It will still require a little bit of notching but not much. We have shorten the shifter bracket and striker rod as much as possible.

In neutral position

In 3rd gear position

In 4th gear position

In reverse gear position

Injector Dynamics Injectors. We are your #1 source! Best injectors on the market, PERIOD!

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=489952

Mazworx SR 91mm & 92mm stroker crank and stroker kits now available!

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=437005

Mazworx "Street Series Top Mount Manifolds! Starting @ 799.00!USD! Full GT3076R Turbo Kit 3299.00USD SHIPPED! Both available NOW!

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...36#post4725436

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=435546

www.mazworx.com
    Email/Paypal address sales@mazworx.com AIM: mazworxsales MSN:sales@mazworx.com

Rides
    When are they going to be ready?

Rides
    Are these kits ready yet?

Rides
    Does the 350z box fit in the tunnel without cutting or hammering? need to now asap!!!!!

Whens the kit ready?????????

Rides
    Did this ever get completed guys? I need one, tried emailing but didn't get a reply

Rides
    The z33 does not fit in the tunnel of a s14a so id need to be cutted.

Cheers Naas

Rides
    elgringo, I spoke to them a month or so back. The kits were still not ready, they've been trying to sort out making it a clean and simple fit. If it's anything to base comments on experience, then it will be a very well rounded kit and worth waiting for. It's this or a Giken box for me, depending which is ready in April.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    elgringo, I spoke to them a month or so back. The kits were still not ready, they've been trying to sort out making it a clean and simple fit. If it's anything to base comments on experience, then it will be a very well rounded kit and worth waiting for. It's this or a Giken box for me, depending which is ready in April.
    I'm going the Z33 tranny route when my next box pops and I scrape enough ££££ together. Not sure what's taking MW's so long. All they need to supply us wth is an adaptor plate, some measurements and a 'How to' guide. It's not like they're going to be shipping boxes over is it?

Rides
    Blak, if it's 'just' a case of doing that, then go to Zilvia and buy a Z33 to SR adaptor plate and 'just' fit it.

They said this would be an entire kit, bolt in and bolt out, including a new shifter bracket, mounting system and potentially a prop. They've never developed a crap product before, maybe it's not a priority. But it's a bit broad to say 'just a case of'.

Rides
    Blak, if it's 'just' a case of doing that, then go to Zilvia and buy a Z33 to SR adaptor plate and 'just' fit it.

They said this would be an entire kit, bolt in and bolt out, including a new shifter bracket, mounting system and potentially a prop. They've never developed a crap product before, maybe it's not a priority. But it's a bit broad to say 'just a case of'.
    Entire kit would be great but surely the shipping cost will make it very expensive. Especially if you have to ship your bell housing out to them.

Rides
    They don't do that because of that reason, cost. Over here we have to get our own bell housing machine work done. If you buy a Z32 conversion kit from them they'll supply you with the instructions to have your housing modified, saving having to send it over and back. But obviously, you buy the kit from them or they don't tell. I should imagine it would be the same for a Z33 if there are mods required

Rides
    Boxes are getting cheaper over here too. I've seen several for sale scattered around the net for less than 500 notes when the going rate was over 700 last time I checked 18 months ago.

Rides
    They don't do that because of that reason, cost. Over here we have to get our own bell housing machine work done. If you buy a Z32 conversion kit from them they'll supply you with the instructions to have your housing modified, saving having to send it over and back. But obviously, you buy the kit from them or they don't tell. I should imagine it would be the same for a Z33 if there are mods required
    I just got Mazworx to source the gearbox as well

Rides
    Superb! Is that what you're running these days Ben?

Rides
    Been running the Z32 box for many years now

If a nice Z33 conversion comes on the market I'll probably swap...

Rides
    Well that's confidence inspiring considering your hard use and higher power. Thanks for sharing that info