Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Android tablets

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallsy View Post
    I read this morning that the Prime will be pre-xmas for the US, but likely January 2012 for us

I love the way our price is oftens the same as the US, i.e. $499 = £499, why can't fe have a fair price based on exchange rate
    Ah that sucks

I heard somewhere that our version included the keyboard and the US one didn't. Although us getting something extra is very doubtful.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev_L View Post
    will be in the £400+ price range
    That'll sell well then

Tablet makers are finding it hard to get prices right, people will not pay ipad money for a non-ipad tablet.
    HP demonstrated that quite effectively, the blackberry playbook is another fine example.

Putting an android tablet on the market at £400+ is retarded, no-one (except tech-heads) will give a shit if it's got 4 cores and mega grunt - it's not an ipad, end of.

Rides
    I am a tech head...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by R3k1355 View Post
    That'll sell well then

Tablet makers are finding it hard to get prices right, people will not pay ipad money for a non-ipad tablet.
    HP demonstrated that quite effectively, the blackberry playbook is another fine example.

Putting an android tablet on the market at £400+ is retarded, no-one (except tech-heads) will give a shit if it's got 4 cores and mega grunt - it's not an ipad, end of.
    I totally agree, these tablets need to come down to ~£250-300 really, as some of the have that are about to be replaced by new shiny models. Let the fan boi's pay ~£400 for the ipad, but for those who care about functionality more than style, lets have a realistic price.

Rides
    I gave wifey her Archos 101 for her birthday It's OK for what she needs, using it to draw pictures from and stuff... but it's a bit on the slow side and doesn't feel overly modern, but they're over a year old now so I guess they wont feel that fresh - the replacement model seems pretty good but isn't available for cheap.

Having played with a few of them I think I'd buy a galaxy tab or the motorolla offering if I were buying new and looking for something really good to use.

Rides
    wifey just got the Motorola Xoom on contract with phone - I must say I'm very impressed.

She seems to be using in no probs, and she is far far from a techy.

Quite heavy, but then its a metal case so feels quite robust.

Rides
    I got the Mrs a a acer iconia a500 and its very good, im using it more than the laptop. its the same spec as a galaxy tab, but feels loads better having a metal case and takes sd cards where as the Samsung is not expandable and the best bit it was £319 from comet so nearly a ton cheaper.

Watched the entire of series one of the inbetweeners on it and still had quarter battery left

Rides
    I got an archos 80 G9 for xmas, seems to be very good, battery lasts ages and I can use it for browsing, watching films (inc using hdmi to link it to tv) and rdp'ing to my computers etc etc.
    bovvered?