Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Black beasty

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    £179.00 open pit lane.

Through msv

Car looks nice and shiny btw
    Sounds good. Never been to Bedford, what's it like?

Camskill? Need to order some new rears ideally
    Yep. Website said they have stock so fingers crossed.

Rides
    Don't know, will find out next Monday

Rides
    Don't know, will find out next Monday
    Just been on MSV site and they have no listing for Bedford on the 15th only Brands!?!

Rides

Rides
    Says its full :-(

Rides
    It was sunny so I had to

Plus I needed to check the oil cooler cooled in warm weather, it does. And see if a new alternator (New = second hand unit from a breakers) would finally cure my over charging issue, and it has, yeah! Now all I need to do is contact the alternator place and ask them to give me my £90 back as I paid for a reconditioning not a cleaning service...the cheeky b@stards! I'm confident they'll be only to willing to refund my money in lieu of this mistake

Rides
    It does look stunning dude, there's no way around it. I absolutely love the look of yours, I'd love to get mine into a similar position of how it sits, mine looks too floaty and not as purposeful as that.

In fact I can't stop looking at these pictures
    Last edited by piman2k; 29-04-2013 at 07:07.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    It does look stunning dude, there's no way around it. I absolutely love the look of yours, I'd love to get mine into a similar position of how it sits, mine looks too floaty and not as purposeful as that.
    Erm...thanks

It sits low and the wheels fill the arches nicely but it is a bit of a PITA. The front bumper pretty much scrapes the road over anything other than perfectly flat ground. The Exhaust hits anything bigger than a match box. I even have to use an old table tennis table top to get the thing onto my drive. I shouldn't leave that outside really as if it dissapears I'm screwed, ha! It could probably do with being raised a touch to make it more practical but then what would be the fun it that?

Rides
    It's not so much the 'stance' you have, it's the higher rise rear. I do not like my bumper or skirts and my rear bumper is already damaged. I have considered a Kouki for ages (with the spats) and I think your car is really selling it to me. I tried to source an exotic bumper from Japan but even through the traders they just come in at horrific money without any guarantee's of decent condition delivery. Great looking motor.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    It's not so much the 'stance' you have, it's the higher rise rear. I do not like my bumper or skirts and my rear bumper is already damaged. I have considered a Kouki for ages (with the spats) and I think your car is really selling it to me. I tried to source an exotic bumper from Japan but even through the traders they just come in at horrific money without any guarantee's of decent condition delivery. Great looking motor.
    Chargespeed rear didn't work for me. Kouki looks so much better. I managed to get the genuine rear off ebay from Japan for a reasonable price. The packaging was pretty sh!t though so I was amazed it turned up in one piece and undamaged. The spats are copies (shhh, don't tell anyone). No way I was paying genuine money for them. I quite like the simple look of the Zenki rear bumper and spats. Tidies the rear getting rid of the horrible plastic number plate surround. Probably cheaper than Kouki as well.

Rides
    Do the bonnet risers make any noticeable difference? Had a psm kit sitting around for a year or so now and still can't decide - not too keen on the look but if they actually work I'll do it (I think)

Rides
    Do the bonnet risers make any noticeable difference? Had a psm kit sitting around for a year or so now and still can't decide - not too keen on the look but if they actually work I'll do it (I think)
    If I'm honest...probably not. I did it because my top mount was cooking the ABS pump and melting the washer jet hose not because I thought it looked good. But after one track day with the bonnet raised the ABS went completely and the hose melted in half as usual so I'll probably take them out if I can find the old bolts.

Rides
    Prolly just flog the kit on then

Rides
    Result!!! Took non-reconditioned alternator back and got my money back. Strangely they didn't even offer to fix it properly and just handed over £90. Driftbitz 1, rotating electrics 0. Moral of the story, don't waste your money on a reconditioned unit, buy a second hand one.

Rides
    Good news...I believe I've solved my intermittent start issue. It was…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …a bad earth Won't be needing that expensive power cable from Demon Tweeks that turned up today then

Rides
    D'oh and all at the same time.

Rides
    I'm like sooo famous, lol!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Rides
    Updated my litle spec sheet earlier. I've spent about £16k over my 10 years of ownership, gulp! And that doesn't even include the initial cost of the car. Probably a little more than that if I factor in all the parts I've bought and then upgraded or sold and all the little bits I've forgotten to add. This car will never sell for anywhere near what it's worth/owes me...therfore it will never leave me

Rides
    Seems to fit together ok outside the car...

...wish me luck fitting it inside the car tomorrow.

Rides
    Finally the cage arrives!!