Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849

Thread: Black beasty

Rides
    im sure one of the S or R chassis come with plastic things just like that on the lower arms.

Rides
    looks great

You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

And if you can't fix it with a hammer,you've got an electrical problem!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by green_rs13 View Post
    im sure one of the S or R chassis come with plastic things just like that on the lower arms.
    Sure did! Original arms had them. As an alternative Porsche also do some deflectors that are fairly universal.

Quote Originally Posted by pdh 14a View Post
    looks great

Rides
    Dirty skirty!

Dirty skirty!

Dirty skirty!
    Dirty skirty!

Dirty skirty!

Dirty skirty!

Dirty skirty!

Just a wee update. Feeling pretty confident with this composites malarkey now and what a difference a tidy workshop makes! So that's one skirt done and I'm pretty chuffed with the results. Being a fussy bugger means the fit and finish has to be right so a little more filler was added after the last pic was taken. Side skirt finished it's on to the fender, which means, you've guessed it, more fibreglass work. The upper and lower shall become one. Less fixings, cleaner execution. Then I have it all to do again on the other side. It's no wonder body shops charge so much, this just can't be rushed. It's messy, time consuming work but so very satisfying.

Oh, and that mini belt sander is wicked!
    Last edited by BLAKTOOTH; 09-05-2023 at 04:38.

Rides
    Fender Bender

Fender Bender

Still chasing the dream.
    Last edited by BLAKTOOTH; 30-03-2023 at 14:30.

Rides
    The other side

The other side

The other side

The other side

Finally made some progress on the other side. Took some finessing to get there but the panel gap's now fairly consistent and flush. Can't wait to get this buttoned up and back on it's wheels! It's been off the road way to long.

Rides
    Not quite there but sooooo close

Full lock's tight.

And it's back on it's wheels for the first time in almost a year! Ready for it's mot next week.

Rides
    Jack Frost Delete

Gone in 60 seconds!

All the mod cons! No more scraping the ice off with the JP Morgan Reserve Card. Looking forward to making this work
    Last edited by BLAKTOOTH; 12-10-2023 at 07:53.

Rides
    Fix it Felix

Crusty juggler

And so it begins! Have had a wee issue with my heater clicking when selecting screen and feet or just windscreen. Guessed it was something jamming the mechanism somewhere so started to strip apart the dash to resolve. The whole dash is now out and the motor apart. The gears look fine and it operates as it should in my hand. So, has to be jamming somewhere else. Have lubricated all moving parts but the problem persists. I guess these car's are getting to that age. The plastics are now very brittle and stuff's just falling apart in my hands. The Areldite had to come to the rescue a few times. I'm now wondering if I should have bothered. Not sure if to leave it or risk buying a donor unit. Would like to buy new but I don't think that's an option anymore. Anyone else had this issue?

Crusty juggler

I did however find the time to do this before it got too cold and I wimped out and came back inside.

Rides
    I wonder if other Nissans have the same heater system

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by p.nicholas View Post
    I wonder if other Nissans have the same heater system
    Further research suggests it more than likely is the actuator. They seem to be in short supply so prices are high. If it solves the problem and lasts another 23 years it's money well spent right?
    Last edited by BLAKTOOTH; 07-11-2023 at 06:14.

Rides
    Top Sparky!

Top Sparky!

Top Sparky!

Top Sparky!

Sunday was nice so that meant tinkering could merrily commence! Switched out the aftermarket corner lights for some oem one's (thank you Slide Motorsport). Nowt wrong with the old ones but oem looks and fits best. Then I made a start on the heated screen wiring. Firstly I'd like to say, I'm no electrician. I'd even go as far as to say I'm electrically challenged but this time around it went alright. Managed to find the perfect spot inside the fuse box. This required some cutting but am pretty certain the fuse removed is redundant. Have left provisions should we need to reinstate but hopefully we're all good. That's the fuse box end taken care of just need to connect to the screen and the switch inside the car, easy! There will be heat, eventually. Also have a brand-new-second-hand heater box arriving this week. Should allow me to figure out what's not functioning correctly on mine. That's as long as this one works as it should (fingers crossed).

PS: I only fired her up to move her up the drive but god I love this car! Slide through the cage, into the Sparco, snap the steering wheel into place.... Brap, brap! Love it!!!
    Last edited by BLAKTOOTH; 09-02-2024 at 11:45.

Rides
    This is looking awesome and can't believe you're still developing things on it after so many years. Love it, I have ideas for my old shell and going to read through your thread for inspiration.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by spice_weazle2 View Post
    This is looking awesome and can't believe you're still developing things on it after so many years. Love it, I have ideas for my old shell and going to read through your thread for inspiration.
    Ah, thanks man. Appreciate the kind words. Good luck with your project.

Rides
    You raise me up!

Arches raised for better tyre clearance.

Rides
    The Hid-den

The Hid-den

The Hid-den

Hid's failed so out with the old...

Rides
    Stealth

Stealth

Aziz, light!

Ah-yeah!

Rides
    Wingding

Wingding

Wingding

Wingding

The Devil's in the detail! Refined the wing uprights. Profiled the top to match the curved belly of the blade which in turn lowered the height of the wing to below the roofline. Popped a load of holes in for adjusting the AOA and hit the legs and ends with some satin black. Also cleaned up the rear overs. Trimmed to fit around the wing feet and radiused the corners etc. Tapped and tightened the rivnuts and smothered the fixings in Alumslip. Just before the rain, winner!