Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Black beasty

Rides
    have you looked at running BTCC slicks? Most trackdays I've been on are OK with it, and they are cheaper for all 4 corners for a scrubbed set as each A048/R888!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by tomo1 View Post
    have you looked at running BTCC slicks? Most trackdays I've been on are OK with it, and they are cheaper for all 4 corners for a scrubbed set as each A048/R888!
    I have but the sizes don't quite work out and they'll only last 1 track day and I drive the car on the road and can't fit in spare wheels and tyres and if I decide to compete it will be on road tyres...

Rides
    Fair reasons! My main reason for using them was cost (or lack of) rather than performance. I've considered a roof rack or trailer to get around the lack of space (we can't even get 1 wheel in the rear seat area with our cage and buckets, guess it's the same for you) but generally we stay local and take a back up car.

We ran a set for about 4 trackdays on our 290bhp s14 (granted it's a lot less power than you have) and I couldn't even see any wear, plus any heat cycle degradation was beyond my ability to notice. Was the 1 trackday durability from experience or expectation?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by tomo1 View Post
    Fair reasons! My main reason for using them was cost (or lack of) rather than performance. I've considered a roof rack or trailer to get around the lack of space (we can't even get 1 wheel in the rear seat area with our cage and buckets, guess it's the same for you) but generally we stay local and take a back up car.

We ran a set for about 4 trackdays on our 290bhp s14 (granted it's a lot less power than you have) and I couldn't even see any wear, plus any heat cycle degradation was beyond my ability to notice. Was the 1 trackday durability from experience or expectation?
    Same here, cage and bucket seats prevent me from getting wheels and tyres in the back which only leaves room for one in the boot, just.

I'm possibly exagerating a little with the one day comment but if I can get through a brand new set of road tyres in two days I'm guessing a part worn set of slicks aren't going to last too long. My car tends to eat through tyres and brakes. It has a lot of power and I work it hard. I was hoping the latest Nankang offering would be the answer to my prays but a friend tested them recently on a similar spec car and was not impressed. They came off after one event!?!

Rides

I need to rethink the colour scheme as pink and green should never be seen

Rides
    Took the Nissan back to Bubble & Kick Racing yesterday to have the alignment checked. The car's done some miles since they set it up and I'd noticed a few nuts had come loose. First off the car felt great at Rockingham and secondly they checked it and realigned it for free! They even gave me a lift back to work after I dropped the car off with them. Seriously, if you're thinking of having your car's geometry setup give these guys a shout. Excellent service, I'll most definitely be going back.

Rides
    wow just finished this thread best part of 2 hours lol awesome job on your car very inspiring!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by michael iom View Post
    wow just finished this thread best part of 2 hours lol awesome job on your car very inspiring!
    Wow! Glad you enjoyed. There's some rubbish in here and loads I've missed out but if you skip over the chaf I hope there's some useful info and a few nice pics.

Rides
    Arty shot from earlier today.

Rides
    If it goes half as good as it looks, that thing must be epic.

Looks like like a mini GT4 car!

Rides
    Reckon you could get it closer to the garage door next time . Looks awesome as ever though mate!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by daveyboydave View Post
    If it goes half as good as it looks, that thing must be epic.

Looks like like a mini GT4 car!
    Thanks man. A Radical it is not but it's a darn site more fun on track

Quote Originally Posted by NathanR View Post
    Reckon you could get it closer to the garage door next time . Looks awesome as ever though mate!
    Nah, plenty of room...for one or two fag papers

Rides

Random question, where did you jack it up at the front?! Just fitted coilovers on my car and can't get under the side now!

Rides
    Straight under the front lower crossmember mate. Don't think it's officially a jacking point but my low entry jack fits and I've never had any issues jacking it there.

Rides
    I use the same spot to Jack mine and never had any problems

Rides
    Thanks guys,

P.s just read your thread, it's taken me all evening! Good read. Off to bed now..

Rides
    Snetterton booked for Thursday evening, ooh! Excited to get out and test the car. New sway bars, diff plate, rad breather setup and IC ducting plus some different pads to try. Also my main man Phil Collard will be there in his Nippon Challenge RX7. Eek! Could be an interesting night.

Rides
    Have a good time Lee, be sure to get plenty of pictures. I have only been to Snetterton once, and I broke down I would definitely love to go again and hopefully get some more reliability luck!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    Have a good time Lee, be sure to get plenty of pictures. I have only been to Snetterton once, and I broke down I would definitely love to go again and hopefully get some more reliability luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by BLAKTOOTH View Post
    Snetterton booked for Thursday evening, ooh! Excited to get out and test the car. New sway bars, diff plate, rad breather setup and IC ducting plus some different pads to try. Also my main man Phil Collard will be there in his Nippon Challenge RX7. Eek! Could be an interesting night.
    Out of interest. Im assuming you both drive to track days?

Rides
    Yeah I do, I'm almost certain Lee does as well. Why do you ask bud?