Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Black beasty

Rides
    There's good and bad news....

Bad new is I have the wrong wheel

Good news is they have the right wheel in stock and they're sending out a courrier today. Will hopefully have the right wheel early next week.

More good news, the Greddy manifold is going out today and a better version should be comming back to me in a few weeks. One that hopefully won't crack when I cough on it

Rides
    At least you found out before trying to fit it

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Actual_Ben_Taylor View Post
    At least you found out before trying to fit it
    It's frustrating as I've been waiting for it for about a month but mistakes happen. There's no real rush to get the car back up and running and seeming as I'm manifoldless at the moment it's not like it's causing me too many issues. I have loads of other bits to do to the car as well and let's face it, it's winter now so would I be using it much if it was running?

Rides
    Just read the entire build. Nice work! Looking forward to what you do next.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by matt_e36 View Post
    Just read the entire build. Nice work! Looking forward to what you do next.
    Thanks!

It's undergoing a small face lift as well as some reliability and cooling changes. Plus, with a new manifold, rebuilt hybrid turbo and a remap might run a little sweeter (fingers x'd).

Next year I plan on fitting a 1.5way Kaaz or similar and a Z33 box (Shhhhh...don't tell the mrs. Thankfully she's not on here ).

Rides

Wayhay! At least it got exchanged quickly. On with the turbo rebuild...

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by BLAKTOOTH View Post

Wayhay! At least it got exchanged quickly. On with the turbo rebuild...
    That was quick!

Rides
    That was quick!
    Certainly was. I wasn't expecting it this week. They only picked up the wrong one late yesterday afternoon. I've already given it to my turbo guy who reckons he'll have the turbo back to me early part of next week. Just need to get the manifold out now as the courier let us down yesterday.

Rides
    Awesome Lee . Car is going to be even more mental .

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz View Post
    Awesome Lee . Car is going to be even more mental .
    I'm trying not to get too excited as I've not seen any real evidence of this wheel in a TD06 on an SR making massive improvements. To be honest though, even if the comp wheel has little to no affect I won't be too bothered. The car has more than enough poke already and I'm happy knowing the turbo has been rebuilt and the manifold isn't made of cheese anymore

Rides
    Is Bernie rebuilding it? Did he recommend that wheel? Would be interesting to see what difference it makes.

Rides
    Is Bernie rebuilding it? Did he recommend that wheel? Would be interesting to see what difference it makes.
    Yep, Bernies rebuilding it for me. Now, he reckons I'll get more power from a 6 blade but CR Turbo's recommended the 7. To be honest I don't reckon they'll be much difference between the 6/7 blade billet I think they'll both out perform the old cast wheel because they are better designed. The blades are longer, deeper and thinner. Plus the wheels lighter, supposedly. When she's back in one piece I'll hand her over to MB and let him work his magic. His ass dyno seems to be pretty accurate, lol! It's not really going to be a fair test though as the manifold may also have an affect.
    Last edited by BLAKTOOTH; 08-11-2013 at 12:19.

Rides
    The 7 blade looks similar to the HTA wheels they fit to Garrett turbos, they flow really well.

Rides
    The 7 blade looks similar to the HTA wheels they fit to Garrett turbos, they flow really well.
    That was precisely my thinking and why I sided with CR.

Rides
    Yep, Bernies rebuilding it for me. Now, he reckons I'll get more power from a 6 blade but CR Turbo's recommended the 7. To be honest I don't reckon they'll be much difference between the 6/7 blade billet I think they'll both out perform the old cast wheel because they are better designed. The blades are longer, deeper and thinner. Plus the wheels lighter, supposedly. When she's back in one piece I'll hand her over to MB and let him work his magic. His ass dyno seems to be pretty accurate, lol! It's not really going to be a fair test though as the manifold may also have an affect.
    It will certainly be better than the cast wheel. I wish I had changed mine but didn't have the cash for it or the remap at the time. Hindsight is a wonderful thing lol.

With the manifold, is Warby making you a direct copy or is he tweaking the design?

Rides
    It will certainly be better than the cast wheel. I wish I had changed mine but didn't have the cash for it or the remap at the time. Hindsight is a wonderful thing lol.

With the manifold, is Warby making you a direct copy or is he tweaking the design?
    I told him that the current design isn't great and the issue with fitting the lower, left, middle nut. He's going to keep all the flanges in the same location but is going to use a better collector and better runner design. Possibly even equal length. Once he has my manifold he's going to fit it to a spare SR he has and get creative. I can't wait!

Rides
    I told him that the current design isn't great and the issue with fitting the lower, left, middle nut. He's going to keep all the flanges in the same location but is going to use a better collector and better runner design. Possibly even equal length. Once he has my manifold he's going to fit it to a spare SR he has and get creative. I can't wait!
    Gonna be awesome buddy.

I've told him to do what he wants with mine as it will need mapping again anyway. My only requirements were to make all the nuts easy to get to. Will be nice to have a manifold that doesn't crack. You seen the photo in my build thread showing the latest crack on mine?

Rides
    Gonna be awesome buddy.

I've told him to do what he wants with mine as it will need mapping again anyway. My only requirements were to make all the nuts easy to get to. Will be nice to have a manifold that doesn't crack. You seen the photo in my build thread showing the latest crack on mine?
    I certainly have. It doesn't matter how much you brace/weld the bugger it will crack again. I reckon Greddy made the manifolds from recycled Kit-Kat wrappers (other chocolate bars are available).

Rides
    I certainly have. It doesn't matter how much you brace/weld the bugger it will crack again. I reckon Greddy made the manifolds from recycled Kit-Kat wrappers (other chocolate bars are available).
    That statement cracked me up

I can't wait to get started even tho city link made a name up to avoid collection and delayed collection by a day . Grrr A holes

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy88 View Post
    That statement cracked me up

I can't wait to get started even tho city link made a name up to avoid collection and delayed collection by a day . Grrr A holes
    I believe it was the same driver. He said he went to the wrong area yesterday. Dunton's a big place so I'm not surprised. Oh well, it's gone now. Hopefully you'll get it Monday/Tuesday and can get cracking. Having said that, there's no need to rush mate. I'm in no real hurry to get the car back on the road...other than I miss her, ha!
    Last edited by BLAKTOOTH; 08-11-2013 at 20:51.