Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: can you be serious?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Insurance View Post
    I'm happy to look into any feedback but I wont be fondling anyone's testicles.

Ollie
    Boo. I was looking forward to this 'perk' when I re-insure the Monaro with Sky next year! I may have to take my unfondled balls elsewhere.
    Last edited by marko14a; 18-11-2011 at 13:11.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by JackM View Post
    Cheers for the reply, I understand roughly why its high but as above, how can sky have one price and Adrian flux another with such a great void in price difference.
    Last year I paid £1300 for my trade policy, happy days. Called about 10 brokers and they were falling over themselves to make me an offer.

This year I phoned 30 brokers and only found one that would insure me, for £1850. Every other one point blank refused to quote.

Thats why.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nitroboss View Post
    Sure it's the lowest price? Enough confidence in the systems to know 100% that it's just a screen rate. Don't want to clarify the details surrounding the quote for him?
    Want to look at why this a high quote? Any offer to see if it's possible to match the other flux quote?

OP, computer says no

Using the details I have, I have been able to come to the conclusion that the OP does unfortunately not meet our criteria, this is a combination of the vehicle, the customer's age and postcode. I am not going to waste the OP's time by looking into it as I am 100% sure we cannot help him this year. If the customer does not meet our criteria, we are unable to place him onto our car club scheme, without this we have quoted a 'screen rate'. We can do nothing with this screen rate so no we would not be able to match the Flux price. Flux are are 30 times the size of Sky Insurance, they have more schemes available to them than us, hence they have been able to provide a competitive quotation in this case.
    Last edited by Sky Insurance; 18-11-2011 at 13:12.
    Call us on 01707 642552 or feel free to PM us via the forum

Check out our blog:

www.skyinsurance.co.uk/blog/2013

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by cChance View Post
    There must be another underlying factor, I am the same age as the OP and same NCB except I have 6points from 4 years ago, and mine is £1500 this year through Sky
    We look at each case on it's own merit, comparing one risk to another will never work unless you are in possession of the full risk details.

Check out our blog:

Rides
    Seems pretty clear to me: we don't want your business but if you want to give us a **** load of cash we won't say no.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CamInHead View Post
    Seems pretty clear to me: we don't want your business but if you want to give us a **** load of cash we won't say no.

On the contrary, we do not expect the customer to take the price, he is under no obligation to take the quotation, in fact in most cases like this when we know the price is uncompetitive, we usually say 'no quote'. The trouble is with this, as I have said on this forum before, if we say 'no quote' we get criticism, if we quote the uncompetitive price we get criticism, it's a double edged sword.

Also, you may be under the impression that we (Sky Insurance) provide the price, this isn't the case, we are a broker so we provide the prices given to us; serious.

Kind regards

Ollie
    Sky Insurance
    Last edited by Sky Insurance; 18-11-2011 at 15:34.

Check out our blog:

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by CamInHead View Post
    A company will only insure people they can make money from, thats the whole point.

If you cant make money from someone when your at work to make money, whats the ****ing point?!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by MC_Bob View Post
    A company will only insure people they can make money from, thats the whole point.

If you cant make money from someone when your at work to make money, whats the ****ing point?!
    A broker, which Sky is, makes money regardless of the loss ratio on any particular policy - ideally, from Sky's point of view, they'd love to be able to insure everyone.

However, the reason the vast majority get good deals is because Sky don't expose their book to high risk / low premium business ie young drivers in high performance cars at less than a couple of grand. This means their scheme rates don't get screwed by the young'uns and everyone else gets a good deal.

Not a great explanation and there's far more to it, but essentially that's just it. End of the day Sky as a broker have an obligation to both policy holder and insurer, ie they have to look after both interests.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    However, the reason the vast majority get good deals is because Sky don't expose their book to high risk / low premium business ie young drivers in high performance cars at less than a couple of grand. This means their scheme rates don't get screwed by the young'uns and everyone else gets a good deal.
    Indeed. We have to be very careful indeed with the customers we insure, as arry says, if we open our book up to every risk, sure we'll make a lot of money in commission but when the underwriters' see the claims roll in they'll quickly either pull our scheme or impose restrictions on certain ages, postcodes or vehicles, we want to avoid this, potentially it could destroy our business. I've seen many companies popping up, writing a lot of business below the market rate, everyone thinks the sun shines out of their arse but then their underwriters pulls their schemes and they disappear. I wont name them but one of these insurers popped up on the SXOC not so long ago.

We know what we are doing, we've been around a long time now

Check out our blog:

Rides
    Yeh can tottally understand that. makes sense to me. i didnt realise sky wasnt that big so makes even more sense for you having to say its that price due to the risk involved and being a smaller company.
    Cheers Jack