Thread: DeatschWerks 740cc injector information

Rides

DeatschWerks 740cc injector information

I purshased some second hand DeatschWerks 740cc injectors, however they weren't supplied with the corresponsding data sheet, hence I do not know the impediance or latency.

Will the mapper be able to work this out himself are do I need to send them off for testing to obtain these figures?

Rides
    Apex are a DeutschWerks retailer Sean, perhaps you could send them an email and see if they wouldn't mind having a look for you?

Alternatively, here's the details on the actual Deatschwerks site, but I'm not sure they made a 740cc injector according to their drop down list

http://www.deatschwerks.com/products.../240sx-1991-98

Rides
    Those appear to be the range for the KA24 engine.

Apex is a good lead though I'll fire a pm to bren

Rides
    any tuner worth their weight will be able to set the lag time without any real fuss. i have deatchwerk 740cc's
    i could see what my latency time has been set at but that would mean plugging my laptop in and stuff.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeah_Mick View Post
    any tuner worth their weight will be able to set the lag time without any real fuss. i have deatchwerk 740cc's
    i could see what my latency time has been set at but that would mean plugging my laptop in and stuff.
    If it's going to be no problem for him then it doesn't really matter. I suppose I should just ring and ask!

Rides
    DW injectors are rebored 370cc Nissan injectors. To get the right latency you need to find the 370cc latency.

I had 740cc DW injectors on a ecu programmed for Nismo 740cc injectors. Stuff was shitty for cruising cause off the latency difference.

All the Nismo/HKS/Tomei's are 0.66ms latency if Im correct, DW's are not!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by TFD View Post
    DW injectors are rebored 370cc Nissan injectors. To get the right latency you need to find the 370cc latency.

I had 740cc DW injectors on a ecu programmed for Nismo 740cc injectors. Stuff was shitty for cruising cause off the latency difference.

All the Nismo/HKS/Tomei's are 0.66ms latency if Im correct, DW's are not!
    370cc as in the standard injectors? Surely Greg at protuner will know that then as he is meant to know his stuff about SR's.

Rides
    Yes, OEM 370cc Nissan SR20 injectors.

Rides
    So is it possible the standard ecu would run them well enough for me to drive to get it mapped? Possibly just running rich?

Rides
    Hmm it will be crap on the stock ecu, you may almost get away with it off boost but it will be richer than Bill Gates when pushed.

Rides
    Yea I was just going to get Greg to fit them and the Z32 MAF when I get there but if I can save a bit of £ then I'll just drive there slowly on the 740s

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    Yea I was just going to get Greg to fit them and the Z32 MAF when I get there but if I can save a bit of £ then I'll just drive there slowly on the 740s
    what mangement you gonna have Sean Ill be putting my z32 and 740s in to get it to greg if its a PFC you can set the MAF and injectors on it pretty easy to get you there safely and save ££

and you gotta do this if you do have a PFC

Quote Originally Posted by redsx94! View Post
    Yeah initialize means reset.
    After it's reset you basically go to settings and go to maf setting and select the one that says vg30. Then go to injector settings (not injector map!!) and set 1,2,3 & 4 to 50%.
    Last edited by Ashleyyy; 15-11-2011 at 16:49.

Rides
    I've got a PFC but not the hand commander