Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wedding S14a

Rides

The Wedding S14a

I really should have started this thread back in 2006 when I bought the car off ChrisK. I had spotted it in his for sale thread but had to wait for my own car to sell. I eventually flew over an collected the car. Had a hell of a trip back due to a storm.This was it before I bought it.

First thing I did when I got it home was sleep. Followed a few hours later by a wheel change and dropping the number plate. I had these sitting around for a few weeks before I bought the car as I knew I was getting a s14a.

Next change was to the front indicators and side lights. I picked up a set of crystal lights from Japan, remember back then they were hard items to find!

That photos was at my first dyno day. The car was a full stage 2 but was running like a bag of spanners. I only made 206bhp but this was due to a full range of blowing gaskets and a screwed lambda sensor.

Next mod was fix the gaskets, fit new stainless manifold, greddy front mount as I never really liked the look of the Apex type 2. I never saw any issue with it and to be honest I didn't see any difference after either. I also picked up a stainless coil cover and had a second cam cover painted up car colour when I was getting the passenger door and skirt touched up after a slight incident. I also had a set of Tein strut braces fitted.

Inside the car I hadn't really done much to this point. I had moved the greddy boost controller to the centre console and got a nismo shifter.

Next up was a change on wheels again. I don't have a picture of the car with the wheels and without the kit except for this one. The wheels were Work VS-SS in 18x8 and a pretty crap offset but I though they looked pretty good.

Next up was a small interior change. I got a 260khm speedo from Germany as Ireland had changed over to kph. I also got a cluster surround off of a Jap climate car as I moved the headlight adjuster down to the centre console and was planning to fit climage control (this still isn't done but will be at some point). Reason for the move was I was fitting an auto adjust unit I made myself. Basically when you have the fulls on it lifts the dims and drops them when the fulls go off. Outside I had ordered a set of vertex skirts and back bumper. The were sent to the painter before I saw them. Unfortunately the wrong back bumper got sent so I got stuck with a Uras style one.

Next up was a set of R33 GTR seats from a early GTR. Reason from an early one? Blue trim instead of red trim. The photo only shows one but I did get the pair I just didn't have time to fit the second one on the day. I also got an stainless Apex induction box and HID's.

Next mod was only a small one, I never really liked the twin exit exhaust but as it was only a tail piece I got a 5" exit fabbed up and fitted. I brought the car up to a local beauty spot for a few snaps. The second one is still one of my favourite photos of the car.

I got a DB Power 345mm plain kit. To this day Dan is still using my car as the image when he's selling the kits.

New set of wheels again. R34 GTR's this time.

Next change was a s15 Power FC D-Jetro and HKS 256 in and 264 out cams. A few weeks before that I had a GT2871R 0.64 fitted. I went to Stivs to get the Power FC and cams fitted and mapped. While working on the car Stiv found a nice little boost leak. The battery tray had been rubbing on the cold pipe and punctured a hole.

I got in on a SRB Cusco roll cage GB next. Bit of a wait for the cage to get here and get it fitted. I did promise myself that I would tidy up the rear panels so I got a second set but as of yet it still hasn't been done.

I got a great offer on a set of Defis so I couldn't pass them up. Somewhere along the line as well I picked up a greddy turbo timer, greddy rss and a decent Sony radio. I made a little place holder that was to be replaced and tidied but again that never got done.

At my sisters wedding.

A few more nice shots. Only real change here was that I had to change to legal number plates after being pulled over them.

I had a few more changes lined up. Vertex rear bumper. A combination of R32, R33 and Z32 rear brakes. During the time I've had the car I also fitted Godspeed ARB's, front and rear under braces and probably a million other things but that's what I can remember for now.

These are the last pictures of it before it came off the road. The other s body is JP's rebuild car.

What were the plans for the car after this.... You'll just have to wait to find out......

Rides
    So what were those plans I hear you say... 1jz with a tech 2 kit and a r154. The problem was all this was planned while I was still working. A few weeks after starting the project I lost my job, I spent the next 2 years gathering parts where and when I could. At this stage I've forgotten most of what parts I've had.

This was the last time I saw the car. It was sometime around Christmas.

Right so the next question, why is the thread called "The Wedding S14a" I hear you say. Well, thanks to so many people I can even start to list them out right now, they all got together and said they'd get the car sorted for the wedding without telling me.

These are photos of the car as work in progress. At this point I was still unaware of what was going on. In terms of what was done here, obviously the engine has been fitted but also what you can't really see is that the engine bay had been stitched welded and painted. The engine had been opened to make sure all was ok. New bearing have been fitted and arp bolts in the bottom end fitted as well. Its gotten a new Exedy clutch (I'm not sure which one yet though). The front panel has yet to be painted though. When I get the car back I will be under sealing the car and at the same time I'll paint the front to keep it all nice and clean looking.

Next thing to happen was after the wedding rehearsal I was asked to come down to my mam and dads and when I opened my eyes this was staring out of the shed at me.

Since that day here are a few other pictures I've gotten of the car.

Rides
    Nice to see this thread!

Subscribed...

What stage is the build at now? I know it wasn't entirely finished for the wedding

Rides
    Its at Stiv's awaiting the wiring. I am being a bit awkward with the wiring as I'm keeping the ABS, aircon and getting the fuse box moved inside the car from under the bonnet. Oh and nearly forgot the battery is to be moved to the boot.
    Last edited by Muttly; 09-11-2011 at 17:04.

Rides
    As if a 1JZ wasn't awkward enough you go and make it harder! Definitely going to be worth it!

Rides
    Well the ABS is easy, just don't cut the wires as that is staying the full Nissan system.

The aircon should be pretty easy as well. Again that's just cut the wire and change connector at the end so it fits the Toyota compressor.

The battery should be grand as well, Stiv has done that a load of times.

The fuse box will be the hardest but its not that bad as it should be disassemble it and then put it back together.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Nice to see this thread!

Subscribed...
    +1

Looking forward to seeing this running!

Rides
    It might be looking like a rebuild weekend to get a lot of it finished off. Who's up for it?

Rides
    I'm always up for a piss up! erm I mean rebuild

It really depends on dates too

Rides
    Fresh plans are now afoot as to how this wee beastie is going to see the road: the original ones needed revising due to a few snags we hit along the way in the last while since the Wedding, for example the brake/fuel lines very-much need replacing (not NCT-worthy & following the path of where the exhaust is soon to go! ), it needs undersealing before laying new lines, engine needs removing to do things like swap to a new turbo-pack combination, etc etc etc.

So we're making a fresh list of things that need sorting for it to see the road with a hat-trick in the window & get things back on-track for getting it finished!

Quote Originally Posted by Muttly View Post
    It might be looking like a rebuild weekend to get a lot of it finished off. Who's up for it?
    It goes without saying that I am my good man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie
    JP will be back, he is like Christ, only he comes back more frequently

Rides
    The date can be discussed this weekend along with plans.

Rides
    Brilliant to see this Martin, Didn't realise so much progress had been made.

Looking forward to seeing her run

Rides
    im def up for the rebuild.with the cold weather approaching everyone needs a nice cup of tea while they work looking well man but while the engine is out can you please grind the toyota off the front of the engine

Rides
    is that the way the lightning (s) badge is supposed to be on the bonnet? I always assumed it was pointy bit pointing to windscreen and pointy bottom pointing straight ahead....not side to side...

Rides
    @irishwhale You're right but that's the way it was when I got the car so I just left it. I want to get rid of it totally though. I don't think it does anything for the car.

@James That's staying and it might even get a trd badge for the back.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttly View Post
    @James That's staying and it might even get a trd badge for the back.
    Lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie
    JP will be back, he is like Christ, only he comes back more frequently

Rides
    love 1jz sbodys!

what front bumper is that? the car looks great keep up the good work!

Rides
    Thanks. It's a vertex bumper. The full kit is vertex.

Rides
    Only just seen this thread

JP and Matt never seemed to have mentioned it before, love the JZ engines, shes going to shift when finished thats for sure!

Do you still hav the type 2 FMIC by any chance?

I am willing to lend a hand if dates suit and I can blag a lift with JP

Rides
    It wasn't kept quiet for any reason. It was just one of those it's going on so long it'll never happen ones.

No type 2 is gone with a long time.