Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do not trust Adrian Flux Insurance!

Rides

Do not trust Adrian Flux Insurance!

Im really having some problems with Adrian flux, I called them for a quotation about 3 months I was giving a quote and they said take the policy out as you have a two week window where if your not happy you can cancel your policy free of charge, I wasnt happy with the terms so I cancelled two days later, I paid a deposit of £150, they still have my money they refuse to give me a penny back, even though it was in the first two weeks!!

Then they demanded I prove that I could get a cheaper quote which I did, and they said I had to take the policy out to get the money back...

So they have stole £150 from me, what rights do I have? What can I do?

Really pissed off about this.

Do not trust Adrian flux insurance!!!

Rides
    standard over the phone insurance allows for a cooling off period.

if they are not honoring it they are in breech of fsa regulations iirc and they will get into deep shit.

that said they are probably suffering a spate of people taking out insurance fraudlently and cancelling after 2 weeks but retaining the documents to try and fool the 5-0 in event of being stopped.

still no excuse for not honoring the standard terms

Rides
    £150 for 2 days is retarded, just not fair, was a total lie they told me on the phone. :-(

Rides
    threaten to tell the ombundsman (sp?) service, they seem paid up when Deacon threatened that
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Fake Ben Taylor View Post
    threaten to tell the ombundsman (sp?) service, they seem paid up when Deacon threatened that
    haha this is my standard go to clause whenever a company is being unfair,

its because its cost them money (even if it isnt there fault) as soon as you raise a claim amongst other things...........usually works lol

Rides
    Do everything in writing. Its no good phoning them.

If they sent you an insurance certificate or cover note, photocopy it for your records then send the originals back by recorded delivery.

Put it in writing that you are going to go to the ombudsman.

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    I think the club would like to see Flux's response on this once Clarkey, let us know if you hear any more
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Thanks for your help guys, I'll put what happens once it's sorted, so others will know what they can do to get there money back.

Clarkey

Rides
    Make sure you log a complaint with trading standards/Consumer direct.

They will also give you the exact law

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by 59bhp View Post
    haha this is my standard go to clause whenever a company is being unfair,

its because its cost them money (even if it isnt there fault) as soon as you raise a claim amongst other things...........usually works lol
    about £500 quid it costs you do have to go through the complaint properly first before the FOS will take it on

Rides
    if you need any advice let me know, i'm the head of customer service and compliance for a large personal lines insurance broker.

Rides
    I just want to know where the law stands with the 14 day cooling of period ?

I don't mind being charged an admin fee or whatever, but £150 when i was promised it wouldn't cost me a penny if i changed my mind, thats just really naughty selling tactics.

Rides
    They have to record their calls, if that is truly what they said on the phone then just speak to trading standards or who ever governs insurance companies and it will get sorted.

Adrian Flux said they would write to me when my insurance was due for renewal. I receieved nothing in writing. I went on holiday on the 1st august 2011 and I came back on the 15th. When I came back I had a letter which was sent on the 4th August stating that they have renewed my policy for another year and it would be an extra £25 a month. I called to cancel and wanted my £125 back that they had taken and they said there is no way to prove that I hadn't been back form holiday and was using the insurance from the 4th - 15th August and subsequently had to pay £77 for that period.

I said i'm sure you need to let me know 14 days in advance before you take any money and they said they only needed to give 4 days notice. Also they said when the policy was taken out they said they would send everything to my Email which I never agreed to.

On top of that, they wouldn't let me cancel my policy, I had to send a letter cancelling my policy!

Changed over to Sky, £45 a month cheaper
    Last edited by richy200; 25-10-2011 at 14:46.

Rides
    Clarkey - 14 day cooling off period is as follows:

It applies to any new business/renewal policy no matter how it is purchased - the length of time is often misconstrued - it is in fact 14 days from the date you receive your documents (this often causes brokers a nightmare as they have to write off any difference if the insurers dont agree to backdate)

Check the small print of the terms of business, adrian flux (broker) are allowed to retain a proportionate amount of any administration fee in the first 14 days along with any insurer time on risk charge (insurers time on risk normally includes a nominal fee)

Your charge should be calculated as follows

Premium (divide) 365 days in a year (times) amount of days cover used = insurers pro rata charge (add) £25ish for insurers fee

on top of this will be any broker charge (adrian flux) that they can retain

the cooling off period exists to allow you enough time to make an informed decision about what you are buying - you are within your rights to cancel your policy (normally in writing due to DPA and the fact that you have to legally 'surrender' your certificate)

Hope that helps
    Last edited by Daz_; 25-10-2011 at 15:06. Reason: spelling

Flamethrower
    Rides
    Hiya,

Please PM me details of policy number, failing that your surname and postcode, in order for me to investigate matters further.

Thanks
    Dan

Rides
    Dan, I've pmed you my details, I give you permission to look at my account ect.

Rides
    Ok Dan was kind enough to look into this for me.

The out come is i've had £75 refunded to me, so i'm happy with that.

Basically it just comes down to if i had been explained i had to take out another policy in the first 14days i would have, simple as that, as i was under the impression time wasn't a factor (because i asked this when speaking to customer services) i didn't rust into sorting it out.

So comes down to Me not understanding so if your read this please note that if you cancel your policy on the basis you've found a cheaper quote, you must give them proof within 14days.

Hope this helps people in the future!

thanks guys.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by superclarkey View Post
    Basically it just comes down to if i had been explained i had to take out another policy in the first 14days i would have, simple as that, as i was under the impression time wasn't a factor
    It isn't a factor. The 14 day cooling off period doesn't have any stipulations around why you want to cancel, it's just at your discretion.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by arry View Post
    It isn't a factor. Thing can't have those kind of caveats attached e 14 day cooling off period doesn't have any stipulations around why you want to cancel, it's just at your discretion.
    What he said. any distance selling can't have caveats

Rides
    so many threads of flux scamming people these days
    http://sxoc.com/vbb/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11238&dateline=1227414084
    Quote Originally Posted by S14 Stu View Post
    I'm not a big ford fan but the RS500 is a legend, you cannot take away from it its Icon status and to suggest that its a chavvy car is like saying Kirsten Scott Thomas is a council estate slapper