Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: C.A.R.S. - New PC community funded game available

Rides
    They're currently working on a lot of the tree placement (and tree design) - the track is getting a major overhaul. Will be interesting to compare that video to the finished version they produce.

In other news, SMS will be at E3 and giving people the chance to have a hands on go with the game on a PS4 .

Rides
    Holy mother of god

macca-p1-projectCARS.jpg

There was a large tweak to the lighting model in yesterday's release. It's fair to say that the results are quite nice!

Few small updates. Oulton Park has had the first round of trees placed on it and it really has brought the track to life. Secondly, Rene Rast has laid down a challenge via Facebook. He's set a time in one of the two fictional LMP1 cars in the game at Silverstone GP circuit. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to beat his time. I've managed to set a time just 0.9s slower, with only a couple of tweaks to the default car setup (lower wings, lower fuel and slightly longer gearing, but that's it - Rene has changed quite a few areas and also used traction control that real world LMP1 cars have) and I'm quite chuffed with that!

Rides
    Sorry guys, haven't been on here properly in a while, thanks for posting those vids FMG. I like them Must have taken the guys that made them ages to put them together.

And thanks Cluck for the gameplay footage and also for keeping this thread updated. Really quite looking forward to this game

Rides
    Latest trailer to co-incide with the Gamescon show that's on at the mo. The game is playable there on PS4 and PC (with Occulus Rift - which I ordered a week or so back ).

I can't share one other massive bit of news, so if you're already a member over at wmdportal then go and read the 'General Discussion' section . Please do NOT share what you read in there anywhere else, it is not for widespread news release until Monday . I'll update this next week when the news is public . Any guessing in here will be met with "no comment"

Rides
    Looking very nice, also had my DK2 on order for a month or 2

The news is good too
    Last edited by Bug2K4; 15-08-2014 at 17:43.

Rides
    Now that it's public news, Aston Martin are licensed . We have :-

1959 Aston Martin DBR1
    1963 Aston Martin DP212
    2009 Aston Martin DBR1-2
    2012 Aston Martin Vantage GT4
    2013 Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3
    2013 Aston Martin Vantage GTE
    and
    2013 Aston Martin Hybrid Hydrogen Rapide S

the 2012 GT4, 2013 GT3 and Rapide S are already ingame

Loads of updates going on, with lots of stuff now getting polished. Some of the audio updates are fantastic - this is a link to a recording I made from the pit lane of my drive in the Lotus 72D around Snetterton. Turn the volume up loud

Audio Clip

Still waiting for my Occulus Rift to arrive though, but that should only be a couple of weeks away .

Rides
    Haven't done an update for a while and now is as good a time as any.

The game was originally slated to release near the end of November but due to the hectic release schedule that week and also to allow more time to polish the game the release has been pushed back to March 2015. It has been made clear that there is no new content being added between now and March, this time is purely 'bug fixing and polishing' to ensure it is as damn-near perfect at release as possible .

It's disappointing that the original release date can't be met but my feeling, the feeling in the Project CARS community and the majority of t'internet it seems is that it is absolutely the right thing to do.

In other news, I got my Oculus Rift this week and it is fcuking brilliant .

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Thought I'd give this a bump as Cluck hasn't.

Game is out next month and is looking MEGA!!

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/

Rides
    Well that looks very good is it just for PC ?

presume a good system will be required to give you the above graphics ?

Rides
    It's just been pushed back 2 weeks to April 2nd

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/02/1...-to-april-2015

Robbhp it's going to be available on PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and maybe Wii U

Rides
    Sorry, been a bit busy

Came in here actually to deliver the news that it has just been pushed back again to the 2nd of April but been ninja'd.

There is another video out there of the BAC Mono at a well-known Belgian circuit. It's a side-by-side comparison and has had quite a bit of post-processing done but bugger me if it isn't awesome. I'm not posting it here quite simply because the person that made the video is running a pirated build from last year .

Anyhoo, it's shaping up to be simply awesome . Go buy it, you know you want to
    Last edited by Cluck; 20-02-2015 at 12:28.

Rides
    Here's the other vid, with the Rote Sau

Both were recorded 'live' using default setups. The Rote Sau was an absolute blast .

Rides
    As for system, you need a pretty beefy PC yes. I'm running a GTX980 and can run 60fps in almost all circumstances on a single monitor. Multiple monitors and/or Oculus Rift needs some detail reduced to keep the frame rates up. However, there is a big performance boost coming along very shortly which will particularly help those with lower spec systems .

Quote Originally Posted by Shotaro View Post
    It's just been pushed back 2 weeks to April 2nd

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/02/1...-to-april-2015

Robbhp it's going to be available on PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and maybe Wii U
    It will be out on Wii U, but development focus has been on PC, PS4 and Xbox One at the moment . It will also come out on SteamBox at some point.

Dedicated Servers went live today aswell, so anyone with a decent internet connection and a spare PC can now run a dedi server for hosting races .
    Last edited by Cluck; 18-02-2015 at 18:13.

Rides
    The amount the wheel gets turned seems a little too much to me?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-B View Post
    The amount the wheel gets turned seems a little too much to me?
    Welcome to my style of driving . I was often probably turning the wheel more than necessary, but it's an old barge of a car, not a tight, modern, road or race car .

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    Welcome to my style of driving . I was often probably turning the wheel more than necessary, but it's an old barge of a car, not a tight, modern, road or race car .
    Ah fair enough!

Rides
    I got the chance to play this on a friends PC tonight.

It is not a full on sim, Simcade more like, Certainly more realistic and Sim like than anything else for console just now but it is not a full blown sim, Which some people seem to be touting it as...

Still< I can't wait for it to actually be released, track list is the main reason i want it. Mega.

Ex Mod & Crabbit C**t Rubix_Cube's Avatar
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by _Jamie_ View Post
    I got the chance to play this on a friends PC tonight.

It is not a full on sim, Simcade more like, Certainly more realistic and Sim like than anything else for console just now but it is not a full blown sim, Which some people seem to be touting it as...

Still< I can't wait for it to actually be released, track list is the main reason i want it. Mega.
    Dick for playing it!!

Will be good to see what the Console version looks like.

Rides
    I just hope it hasn't been dumbed down to much for us console ****ers

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by _Jamie_ View Post
    I just hope it hasn't been dumbed down to much for us console ****ers
    It hasn't, don't worry. The gameplay, physics etc etc are the same on console as on PC. There are some differences - only 16 cars for online play for example (I believe the offline limit if 40+) and some slight drop in visual quality, but that's about it.

There are plenty of videos out there now of genuine PS4 footage as a lot of places have been given some hands-on time with it.