Thread: Stopped on zig-zags

Rides

Stopped on zig-zags

Walked out of Swindon Outlet today, east exit I think.
    To see some guy stopped in his car, Clio I think, on the zig zags on the zebra crossing used by the outlet shoppers to get to their car park.

Its a nice long straight wide road, good visibility. Double yellows either side of the zebra crossing with quite long zig zags but well painted.

I went to my car, drove it out to see hes still stopped there, his whole car on the zig zags, at the start.

I drive up and park 1 car length space away on the yellows (to give him space to reverse) and get out to have a quick word. I say "You cant park here, just reverse back, its dangerous if the police see you they will nick you straight away, 3 points 80 quid fine!".
    He replies, "Im not parked, just picking someone up". I point out hes endangering the life of the people crossing, no reply. I warn him about the police again and I get ignored so I just leave (thinking he might reverse begruddingly).
    He didnt budge last I saw of him.

I think he thought it was safer for him to stop on the zig-zags instead of the double yellows. He wasnt a learner, so must have passed his test

Rides
    Or he was pig ignorant.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Prior View Post
    Or he was pig ignorant.
    I'd go with that.

Rides
    Didn't work as a taxi driver did he? They seem to be able to park wherever the fcuk they like as well

Fair play for saying something to him though!

Rides
    I did something similar a while back. I was pulling out of a car park that was next to a zebra crossing. I briefly stopped next to the car parked on the zigzags as there was a woman sitting in the drivers seat. I nicely advised her much the same as you did Wolvereen about 3 points and all I got was the finger and her literally screaming 'FCUK OFF!!!' at me. Nice. She was massively overweight, hopefully medical fate will do the world a favour.
    I'm NOT the Chairman anymore, Ken was. He still likes poo though. Its not Jim either now. Ooh ooh, its now Doc!
    Blue '89 S13, 362 bhp, slowly getting more battered. Spec

Opie Oils : MOT-a-Car : DriftWorks

Rides
    Have to say I got stopped last year in Paisley (near Shuttle St for the locals) and there is a load of taxi's parked up one of the streets so I went to get the girlfriend and her mate around 11pm. As a taxi pulled out I went in and stopped 10secs tops as they opened the door the police drove up beside be and asked me to move at this point the door was open and my misses was getting in the car so asked them 2secs to close the door.... end of the story like you guys said 3points £60 I was unaware I was even on ZigZags so if someone was to tell me at the time I would of moved you guys are doing decent things by telling them they just dont appreciate it I guess.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveCarter200 View Post
    She was massively overweight, hopefully medical fate will do the world a favour.
    You mean Stidi will want to hump her to death?