Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I know nothing about rugby, are we gonna win?

Rides
    Being Welsh I think Wales will win But it's going to be a very close game.

Ireland have got a lot of experienced players and it's back row is working very well together but out of all the teams in the world cup I think Wales have played the most dynamic rugby and I think it's the first time I have seen Wales play the full 80mins without running out of steam.

Wales's strong point are their backs who can score tries from anywhere on the field. Their only slight weak point is the forwards, they don't seem to have the natural aggression to go out and rough their opponents up and force them in to mistakes and turn over ball. They also need to do a bit of work on their break down as they need to clean the opposition out of the way quicker to allow the scrum half to get the backs moving quickly to exploit the holes in the oppositions defence.

If you look at the stats Wales have played the 2nd, 10th, 16th & 19th IRB ranked teams in the pool stage, Ireland have played the 3rd, 11th, 17th & 21st, so not much difference there, but on paper Wales have played the better teams.

At the group stage Wales scored 180 points and conceeded 34 points, Ireland score 135 and conceeded 34 points. So the defences are evenly matched but Wales has the advantage in attack. Also Wales had the second highest points score and 2nd highest try count in the group stages only New Zealand having higher.

Wales to win by 1 to 3 points

If England beat France then I think Wales or Ireland will get to the final, but France are a bit of an unknown as they seem to change most of their players from game to game so who knows what French side will turn up.
    Last edited by Wookie; 04-10-2011 at 11:45.

Rides
    Whatever happens, I predict Wales v Ireland is going to be match of the tournament.

Only watched second halves or highlights of other matches, I'm going to get up to watch all of this one - I can't wait.

Rides
    england were lucky to beat scotland. wales are on a roll and its great to see tbe northern hemisphere teams doing so well. i think whoever wins saturday, ireland or wales ,will make the final against the all blacks. be great to see ireland in the final but it wont be easy to beat whales!! EIRE ABU!!!!!

Rides
    Only few hours to go......

I think the game is suiting up in Irelands favor with the pissing rain and can see O'Gara controlling the game kicking for the corners.

Heard that 90% of passengers landing in New Zealand today were Irish. It's going to be very close and evenly matched, hopefully with our experience we can win it in the last 10 minutes.

Ireland by 3 points or less

Quote Originally Posted by Wookie View Post

Wales to win by 1 to 3 points

Just notice are predictions are quite similar
    Last edited by twincam; 07-10-2011 at 23:25.

Rides
    Very very disappointing

Well done wales, shut down all our key players, tactically spot on
    Best team won on the day
    Last edited by twincam; 08-10-2011 at 12:49. Reason: sp

Rides
    Im supprised by the points margin in the end but wales shut ireland down and stopped them playing. Bit dissapointed with the irish back row, they just couldn't get going.

Rides
    I was going to type a few words BUT the picture i just took of my son needs few words...

He is very exited so catching him when not moving was nigh on impossible lol

Rides
    well done whales and hard look england!! best team won on the day!!!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
    Ireland Vs Wales and England Vs France

leads us into

Ireland Vs France

You were saying??

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by GINNO View Post
    You were saying??
    I was half right :P