Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I know nothing about rugby, are we gonna win?

Rides

I know nothing about rugby, are we gonna win?

So I know there's this sport on at the moment that has chaps up first thing on Sat mornings

I also usually hear something out about it on the news in the after noon, apparently its a big deal, so are we going to win?

Rides
    no

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by mattlake View Post
    no
    Secconded!
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Self confessed player of the pink oboe docwra's Avatar
    Rides
    No. Unless you are really Welsh/English/Kiwi and havent told us.
    Quote Originally Posted by scimmy ben
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprout
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    u'd better not win! to be honest if you play well you've got a good chance. but you havn't played really well for a while. wales are on a role and the way they've been playing should win. either way as long as england don't end up in the final i don't care :P

Now with 400bhp....
    Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by neil c View Post
    either way as long as england don't end up in the final i don't care :P
    Aww bless. Can't see england getting far either tbh
    1998 Nissan 200sx s14a , 2000 std 5 speed with nismo supercoppermix clutch bn6 Sapphire Blue

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    I was born in England

But I'm mostly Irish and German.

As for the Rugby we'll try not to be sore winners

Rides
    to be honest i didn't think they'd get to the last final and they did. still think as long as the don't bottle it, new zealand will win. just hope us welsh boys can keep the momentum up. best i've seen them play for a while these last 4 matches.

Rides
    Wales!!!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    So I know there's this sport on at the moment that has chaps up first thing on Sat mornings

I also usually hear something out about it on the news in the after noon, apparently its a big deal, so are we going to win?
    I stayed up after the cbq night to watch the match after all you light weights got your sleeping bags and fell asleep at Joe's.

I doubt we will win, but after finishing top of our group and avoiding the southern hemisphere teams, there is no reason we can't make the final if we keep playing like we have so far in the world cup.

Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    England They have being terrible imo. If we meet England it's going to be another repeat of what happened last march

u'd better not win! to be honest if you play well you've got a good chance. but you havn't played really well for a while. wales are on a role and the way they've been playing should win. either way as long as england don't end up in the final i don't care :P
    Wales are playing well atm, it's going to be a great match, but i think we are going to win. We haven't played well pre world cup, but we are hitting form at the right time with some outstanding performances throughout the team.

Really looking forward to the game on saturday.

Rides
    i think if ireland play like they did against england in the six nations, where they hit every maul and ruck at full speed it going to be one hell of a game.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by twincam View Post
    England They have being terrible imo. If we meet England it's going to be another repeat of what happened last march
    I know, but you cant bet against them in a World Cup. Kiwis and Welsh have much more chance though, havent seen the Aussies and dont rate the Boks so much after the match with Samoa.
    I get the feeling that this would only work if we could pursuade Ernest Borgnine to drive the Isle of Wight to Portsmouth hovercraft.
    After I shave my balls swarfega helps soothe, but means the hair grows back quite quickly, so give it a go

Rides
    Either way as long as england don't end up in the final i don't care :P
    Cnut

Rides
    Also factor in an irish team has one 4 of the last 6 heineken cups giving lots of experience within the squad, and on top of that all the Irish that have immigrated to that part of the world, it's like having a home match with all the support we have over there giving that extra advantage.

The Kiwi's have being favorites for most world cups but have never won any. In 2003 they had a huge clock counting down the time to the final which they expected they would win. But it was taken down prematurely after they lost to Australia

They always look awesome in the group stage , scoring more points then any other team, same again this year, but somehow manage to get beat before the finals.

C'MON IRELAND, bring them on!!!

Rides
    I'd love to see any of the six nations teams win. Apart from the French, nobody wants that

Rides
    Ireland Vs Wales and England Vs France

leads us into

Ireland Vs France

Rides
    Im afraid you will see an England vs New Zealand final.

Rides
    Lolz...

I'm never gonna bet against my country but out of the Six nations teams Wales are playing the best at the moment.

And as for New Zealand, they still need to meet Australia or South Africa. I wouldn't write either of those off just yet.

Rides
    He's right, it's a fix so it will happen.
    If it weren't a fix england would have been deported by now.

Rides
    While I don't think we'll win the WC, I think there's a big possibility of making the final.

In fact I think the winner of the Ireland v Wales game will make the final

And I think the final will be v New Zealand, and they're rocked now that Dan Carter is out for the rest of the tournament, so no better time to face them.

I don't think England will make the final, they'll self-distruct well before then, they're making a good job of that already

I'd much rather face England in the semis, no better game to get stuck in, and just to show it was no fluke, play the Ozzies in the final and beat them again

Oh, for the record too, a few friends of mine backed Ireland at 40/1 before the tournament to win outright