Thread: s13-addict from Belgium

Rides

s13-addict from Belgium

I've been around before, looking for solutions for specific problems when I had my first s13. I think it's about time I properly introduced myself

I'm from Belgium, and at the time of my first 200sx, they were extremely rare overhere.

So I had my first s13 for about a year (imported from the Netherlands), then sold it and regretted it ever since. It was in excellent condition overall.
    After a while I started to look for another one, I had other priorities and looked for a budget-friendly solution and bought one cheap that I was planning on fixing.
    Not that long after that, we bought a house and had to sell the car again.
    We're pretty much through the biggest renovations, so a few months ago I bought yet another s13. Rather cheap again, but it didn't look too bad. And even so, I had the time and space to do some work to it.
    I had the engine rebuilt with forged internals, and while that was going on I started working on the shell.
    As I started taking everything out, I was hit with another setback... Again! As I removed the sound deadening, the floor was covered in rust. You could easily punch through it without too much effort. Same thing for the chassis beams, on the outside not much to see, but upon close inspection they were not hard at all. So we started to cut out sections and replace them. But as the works go on, other stuff keeps coming up, setting me back every time. I was angry at myself for having bought this piece of junk, maybe not having inspected it enough or so.
    So I pretty much had enough of it, and have decided to break it.
    So now I have a completely rebuilt engine, and no car to put it in. I don't want to break anymore, or do substantial works prior to dropping in the engine. So I contacted some people and am now on the lookout for what I've never had seen possible of doing in the past.
    I'm trying to find a solid PS13 Silvia shell, do a Onevia conversion and drop my ca18 in there, so I can finally get on the road again!

So here it is, my story I'll try to add the pics of my s13's.

Rides
    Pics required

and Welcome and good luck with the project

Rides
    Welcome Glad you got it sorted back in 2008!

Any photos of the car?

Rides
    Here are a few pics of my first S13

When just bought and imported from The Netherlands. It already had the stage 2-chip with K&N air filter, Saab fmic, Forge bov and Garrett GT2860R turbocharger:

After a few modifications:

- polished piping
    - blue silicon hoses
    - AEM air filter

- Tokico shocks
    - Tein springs
    - Tenzo-R 17" wheels with Falken FK-452 tyres
    - roof painted black
    - (lit) sleepy eyes

- Apex'i TT (pensize black limited edition)
    - HKS EVC 3 boost controller
    - black gauges (oiltemp, watertemp and boost)
    - Alpine HU with Kenwood speakers front and rear
    - Nismo black gear knob

Rides
    Here's what I'm working on today:

This is how it looked like when I had bought it. It had some damage. Later on I found some rust... And then some more, and more... And more!

Started taking it apart:

Rides
    I suspected problems with the big ends, but it seemed much more than just that. I decided to have the engine completely rebuilt:

Rides
    That looks more like the start of a "Project thread" than a "Hello thread"

Well done for taking on the rust weevil and winning and that engine looks like it should pull well and last you a while.

If you have the time, it would be nice to see a thread documenting the work. If you are a member, you can start one in Members Projects. If not, you can put it in 200SX Related Chat.

Rides
    Welcome to the club .

Looks like this will be a good build thread to follow

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Wilkinson View Post
    That looks more like the start of a "Project thread" than a "Hello thread"

Well done for taking on the rust weevil and winning and that engine looks like it should pull well and last you a while.
    I got a little carried away with the pictures here... Should this be moved to "Projects"?
    Otherwise I'll just start a prject topic and continue there

At first I wasn't planning on dealing with the rust, but instead look out for a decent shell. But that's not going all that well so I decided to keep working on this one. After I've dealt with it, at least I'll know for sure I'll have a rust-free chassis

Rides
    Ok, so I started a new thread in "200SX related chat" where I'll be posting further on my build

http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/showthread.p...45#post6018445

Rides
    Subscribed