Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: iphone 4 vs htc sensation

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by docwra View Post
    And Im the opposite, find the HTC better in pretty much every respect other than iTunes.
    100% agree there.

I just use Amazon on my phone to download music and then put it on the laptop and sync to my ipod.

But then I've never used any phone I've owned to play music -ipod does it better and using my phone for music as well as everything else would just kill the battery too much!

I love my HTC Desire, never had any issues at all All my texts got deleted once, but that was my old fault as I was fcuking about with it trying to clear space and pressed a button I shouldn't have!

I'm looking at going for the Sensation.. might be swayed by the Galaxy though.. either way, deffo sticking with Android as I like it

Rides
    I've an iPhone 4 and love it. My friend has a galaxy 2 or what ever it's called and is awesome, but not as easy to operate as iPhone, but that could be down to what I'm familiar with. I'm up for upgrade after today and am waiting for the iPhone 5 to be released. If it's not that much of an improvement over the 4 then I'll prob get the samsung tbh.

Rides
    Android is a better OS than the iPhone's one plus you don't have to connect it yo iTunes every other day for a pointless update. Android will update straight from the phone connected to Wi-Fi, 99% of the apps are free too, I've had 3 android devices and the only app I have bought was Tapatalk cost £2 but so much easier to use for here & DW!

Compatible with most other smart phones, iPhones, BB's and Nokia's

But you do need a Google Account. (email) but don't worry it's free 

I'd go Samsung Galaxy S 2 or
    HTC Sensation/Desire S

The Navigation is spot on don't forget Android is Google, so it uses Google Maps and you get step-by-step voice directions and even a picture on the devices screen when you get there so you know it's the place (tomtom's don't!

And also the Google Voice Recognition, if you haven't seem this in action check out...

http://googlemobile.blogspot.com/201...e-actions.html

Hope this helps dude

Sent from my GalaxyTab

Rides
    I would have to say, to balance the above, that the Apple App store is better than androids app store (at the moment at least) and that there customer service is really good (unless you have dunked your iphone in a pint )

Rides
    Ahh & I forgot something...

You can download stuff straight to the phone. I don't mean apps, stuff like podcasts, films, documents, pdf's etc...

And it has FLASH

Rides
    To the OP, just wait til the iPhone 5 comes out soon and compare then.

Rides
    Possibly wait for the Sensation XE.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro View Post
    Possibly wait for the Sensation XE.
    When's that due out? Assume it's Android as well?

Rides
    Sensation XE is out about now and GS3 is due early 2012...

The GS2 can be overclocked to 1.5ghz with very little effort anyway mine has been running that since day one. The sensation can be poked as well up a few hundred mhz if you want it faster.

Rides
    Put it this way.....my wife can use my iphone4 without resorting to dumbass questions.

The video camera is good, the camera with flash is great and email access is excellent provided you have a decent 3g signal.

Flash is overrated. In the 8 months i've had mine, i have found ONE website that wouldnt let me watch something....woopdedoo....

I'll try and post up some pics and videos from work if you want....

Last edited by Egon; 30-09-2011 at 12:19.

Rides
    The XE looks like a good option.. I can't wait til early 2012 for the new Galaxy, far too impatient

Rides
    brilliant info, thanks all - user180 - cheers dude!

Rides
    Galaxy Note?
    XE is running Dual Core 1.5Ghz. Its what I'm likely to be getting, unless something better storms in around April.
    Forecasts say they're aiming for Quad Core SoC in Q1/12?

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideways14a View Post
    Apple products are fine if you want to live in apples walled garden, android phones are fine if you want more flexibility, blackberries are fine for diluting juice and windows phones are useful as paper weights
    complete and utter bollox ...... windows phones make sh1t paperweights because every 10 minutes you are compelled to pick it up and throw it violently across the room in annoyance

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideways14a View Post
    Apple products are fine if you want to live in apples walled garden, android phones are fine if you want more flexibility, blackberries are fine for diluting juice and windows phones are useful as paper weights
    I don't live in the confines of the apples walled garden at all

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    complete and utter bollox ...... windows phones make sh1t paperweights because every 10 minutes you are compelled to pick it up and throw it violently across the room in annoyance
    Why are they so bad?? I've heard terrible things about Windows phones, so I've avoided them.

Woman I work with has a new-ish HTC on Windows and loves it. It looks like it's all a bit messy and complicated to how they run on Android from what little of it I've seen so far.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    To be fair the newer windows phones are a lot better than the old 7.5 items, the old ones went further and made a bigger dent in the plaster board though as they tended to be big chunky feckers

Quote Originally Posted by weiner_patrol View Post
    I don't live in the confines of the apples walled garden at all
    JB phones make Mr Jobs angry, expect to be met in Hell by a thousand iphones shoved up your anus every day (Apple apparently now own hell and have several patents out for pitchforks)

Rides
    I was impressed with a new windows phone I was playing with the other day... very slick bit of kit...

not as nice as a well set up Android phone though...

Rides
    Windows Phone is pretty decent.
    Currently running 7.5 on a Mozart and its very usable. Smooth and pretty much error free.

It IS missing really simple, basic functionality, though...like...tethering, mp3 ring tones, flash.
    The more I play, the more I find isn't quite...there.
    Oh and you can't remove/upgrade the micro-sd card on this.

Its in a very similar state to Android 1.6, now that they've added C&P.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by SX_BIG View Post
    brilliant info, thanks all - user180 - cheers dude!
    Anytime bro

p.s. YHPM