Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Piman2k's Track S14A - Powered by Full Race / Borg Warner / Mazworx

Rides
    These pumps supposed to be better and more reliable than the Walbros? My Walbro is making a heck of a racket at the moment. I'm not sure if it's always been this loud or if it's me getting old?

Rides
    Walbro's have always been noisy, it's a characteristic of them.

I don't know if these are 'better', but they do flow some more fuel. Truth be told, the only reason I bought it is because the pump that's in my car came with the car 4 years ago and had been in the car for a couple of years already. So I don't really know what it is and I thought that I may as well chop it out since I've got even bigger injectors now.

Rides
    engine and gearbox!

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    engine and gearbox!
    It was cleaned up with lots and lots of brake cleaner basically

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    But if it's the same price, there's no benefit unless it goes wrong

Plus, in fairness, I'd bought from Summit before so I had a voucher for $40 USD off, so it cost me less.

Gerry, chemical for what?
    Support the UK economy

Anyway, as you're going Z32 gearbox you should have a look at this upgraded clutch release fork:

http://www.z1motorsports.com/product...oducts_id=5119

Rides
    Ha, yes the UK economy.

Thanks for that link Ben, $42 is good and it means I get another boot, result. Thank you

The box is already in the car, d'oh! But I need to change the clutch after mapping so I will order one up.

Rides
    Looks good. You should take it out at Japfest.

I like the twin scroll

Rides
    I want to def. I will try and get on the weekender.

Rides
    Japfest I said. Ive got work during the weekender lol

Rides
    Update time

The Borg Warner is now plumbed in. Oil has arrived from Opie (thanks for the discount). The Fragola fittings and hoses have been made up into the correct lines, firesleeved and the GT drain flange installed. Pipercross have supplied a bespoke triple core filter and silicon connector. It's now a case of laying the last of the ABS delete lines, mounting the PAS tank, hooking up the wastegates and the MAP sensor and then getting a base map from my mapper.

I have to say, while the manifold is extraordinarily beautiful in it's design and construction, with the 44mm wastegates it is not fantastically packaged. It's going to be neccessary to modify the strut tower to provide a bit of clearance for the wastegate water cooling lines to the turret and from the turret to the compressor housing on the turbine. It isn't a problem in the long term, but I will feed it back to Full Race for their future RHD work.

Anyway, a picture is worth a thousand words and all that. Thanks to the Unit18 guys for all their hard work. Almost there.

The engine bay is suffering a bit aesthetically with all the clattering round, but I'm going to change the visual on it over winter to make it a bit more 'murdered out'
    Last edited by piman2k; 30-04-2014 at 07:29.

Rides
    how are you finding the fragola fittings?

Rides
    Absolutely perfect. There seems to be a few people around with the typical internet misconception that they're some kind of knock off of Aeroquip (like TorquesUK or HoseFittings UK) because they only know the word Aeroquip, but they're not. They're a proper, proven and tested American connector and you can get them now off the shelf at Silverstone. They're great. Ali's made no complaints at all.

Rides
    Looking good man, do you think your cas will be ok that close to the turbo? Or is it getting a heat shield? I bet you can't wait to get this mapped
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigShow View Post
    Reach arounds are more my thing, I don't like the taste...

Rides
    It's no closer than other top mounts so I'm happy. Looking forward to mapping. A few hours of work to go.

Rides

Piman2k's Build Blog - 405bhp Track Focused S14a

It's great to see you are modifying the turret, rather then it catching... Causing the manifold to crack then complaining that full race are shit as their manifolds crack.. Rather then doing what is expected to clearly do which is modify the turret because fr are a proven, tested etc manifold.

Right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Clive; 30-04-2014 at 22:04.

Rides
    Man it must cost you a fortune in garage bills.

I know your a expert on this kinda stuff but I hate mounting air intakes behind the rad as they don't half get hot.

I am very impressed with borg warner turbos tho well from what I've seen from the S366

When do you expect to have it done?

Rides
    Modifying the strut tower has nothing to do with it being RHD though surely? The engine, gearbox etc will sit on the same mounts in the same place, just the servo, steering rack etc would move? So LHD or RHD it would need the same changes?

Some brilliant work on this, you must pay an emormous amount in garage bills though!

Rides
    awesome work piman.

lol at the haters

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by nash`s View Post
    awesome work piman.

lol at the haters
    Lol thanks Nash. Appreciate your comment.

You can't win with this place. I've been an advocate of FR stuff because it's light years ahead of the shite some people run. But nevertheless we found something that isn't very good, didn't try to hide it, openly brought it to the forum and it's been latched onto with all disregard for the positives.

It is amazing. I don't know how to win? Keep buying shit and replacing it maybe? lolololol

And it's funnier that it's the same mod driving it up every time.

What has also been completely missed is that the PRIMARY reason we are modifying the turret is to provide clearance for water cooling lines to the wastegates. If you don't want to water cool, you don't need to mod. The manifold base design I guess predates the addition of water cooling to the MVRs.

As for the constructive comments: ghost, I think we will rotate the filter way from the rad, well noted. And spring, maybe that is the case mate. There's no way around it, with the big gates and big turbo it's uncomfortably tight. But this is custom stuff and an untested setup, we feedback to FR and they make their product better next time.
    Last edited by piman2k; 30-04-2014 at 22:45.

Watfor(d), but now temp in Stutton, Zuffuk..., then temp in Armitage (Bog centre of the world)... then FINNNALY to Quarry Bonk, Brum!! puff puff.
    Rides
    I love this site!

R.