Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Piman2k's Track S14A - Powered by Full Race / Borg Warner / Mazworx

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by adamrps13 View Post
    Just out of interest what are the wheel specs and tyre sizes you're using?

And do you have any video's of the spa track day as i really want to book one next year!
    My wheels are 18x9.5 ET12 all round without spacers. I don't have any videos unfortunately, I only got a GoPro this year with my Mrs but if we go back this Autumn I will make a video

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    That is one nice looking car to be proud of.
    Thanks bud, that's a really nice thing to say

Rides
    So update, had a roll down to Ace Cafe the other night and on the return trip I had a bit of steam from under the bonnet. It was raining so I figured it might be rainwater getting in through the vents, turned out it was a very small water leak from one of the wastegate lines.

Got the lines off yesterday and broke an unrelated Fragola connector because it had seized So I've had to order a replacement for that and a second of the same to replace another that had seized and, I believe, caused the leak. £32 for the pair from Competition Supplies in Silverstone, collecting tomorrow with a bit more firesleeve.

Top hose is the faulty hose, top right 135 degree connector is, I think, leaking. I can blow through the pipe and feel air coming from the joint. Top left is a 45 degree connector that has seized up so will be impossible to reinstall, hence the replacement.

Lower hose with firesleeve is the water exit from the turbo to the wastegate circuit, seized and broken 45 degree connector is the 'unrelated' breakage but as I type this I realise it's also in the same place.

Luckily I have spare -4AN hose in the garage so I should be able to make a new line and get them reinstalled at the weekend. A bit disappointed that they've seized but then I was thinking about how hot it gets down there and the fact they've done a heap of road miles of late. Again, thanks to being top mount this is not a complicated install/uninstall

I've also made a list of jobs that need to be done including finding a permanent fix for the transmission tunnel shape, which will no doubt mean paying a fabricator, sorting out my high rate flashing on my indicators and finishing my dash blanking plate that I've had cut out of ABS. My Oil Pressure and Temperature gauges are finally being returned to me so I can put them into the blank soon as well.

Complex CAD FTW
    Last edited by piman2k; 04-09-2015 at 11:33.