Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Piman2k's Track S14A - Powered by Full Race / Borg Warner / Mazworx

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by piman2k View Post
    It's weird ghost, it's always for sale for the right money. I don't need to sell it, it doesn't owe me anything, so I will always hang on for the right cash.
    Have you even used it in anger yet?

Rides
    Of course I have. I was at Bedford a fortnight ago and Spa a month before that. Plus weekend hooning.

Spa - http://projectpw5.piman2k.com/40_spa.php

Bedford - http://projectpw5.piman2k.com/43_bedford.php
    Last edited by piman2k; 27-07-2015 at 13:28.

Rides
    Ladies in pieces for a few days. As discussed in this topic my nuts rattled loose which burned out the gasket and caused all sorts of havoc. You can see the firesleeve did a proper job of protecting the water hose, it's all turned to crusty Silica. Nice one Plenty to replace it with. The gasket is toast so that's arrived, but I can't retap the manifold for the new studs yet as I can fit my M10 tap in but can't twist it. So I've ordered a 255mm Tap Wrench from eBay, should be with me Monday.

One thing I will say. I love V-Band and high quality AN fittings. Was so simple and hassle free to dismantle.

Last edited by piman2k; 06-08-2015 at 15:00.

Rides
    Inconel! Massive thanks to Sideways Danny for finishing the tap operation for me. Took me ages to get the time to get to the car and to not be able to finish that task was a real kick in the teeth, so epic work by Dan to save my skin. Out for a drive tonight I reckon before having another look at selling up.

Rides
    This car is seksi.

Rides
    Shame it's not going to the Weekender.

Rides
    I genuinely considered the weekender this year, but the timing just isn't right for me this weekend.

Rides
    Its never to late to change plans.........see you Saturday

Rides
    No can do sir, I need to put some miles on it this weekend to make sure the new gasket and studs are all good.

Rides
    That's a real shame you can't do the weekender. Been wanting to have a ganders at your car for a while now.

Rides
    Was hoping you were going to make it along as well Ryan! Shame as it looks and sounds like its running well now.

Rides
    Cheers Jamie, I'm putting some more validating miles on it Sunday with Quail. Off to pick up a spare Z32 Transmission on Sunday, Insurance and Tax due at the end of the month etc. So it's just not possible.

Rides
    So I missed the weekender again which was sad but not unexpected. On the Saturday I drove to Minehead in Somerset to get a spare Z32 transmission from a bloke down there.

Then on Sunday, got H15 out for a wash and Quail was kind enough to take some pictures for his Street Spec blog. Here are some of them. I think he did good!

There are many jobs to do now that the big things are over. I need to remake the transmission tunnel so it's nice and tidy, finish my dashboard blanking plates to hide the wiring, tidy up the engine bay, repaint the interior and switch the transmission. But these will all come over time. I'm still adamant it's going up for sale but I want to carry on playing. Anyway, Alex's pics as promised. Be sure to check out Street Spec as well.

Rides
    Good to catch up yesterday mate, car looked great. Faster than I'd realised, too! Definitely feeling re-enthused about my own car.

Uploaded a very quick writeup here: http://streetspec.co.uk/track-spec-s14a-200sx-2015/

Rides
    Nice article Alex. Cars looking good Ryan

Rides
    awesome pics of the motor, really do hope you decide to keep it mate. be a shame to sell seeing as youve not long had it running on its new setup.

awesome little write up there quail

Rides
    Just beautiful is that Ryan.
    You must never ever put a front number plate on that bumper. Ever.

Rides
    Quote Originally Posted by Quail View Post
    Good to catch up yesterday mate, car looked great. Faster than I'd realised, too! Definitely feeling re-enthused about my own car.

Uploaded a very quick writeup here: http://streetspec.co.uk/track-spec-s14a-200sx-2015/
    Cheers Alex, glad you had fun. Only brief as well! You should come to a track day one day mate, it would be a good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by MEL View Post
    Nice article Alex. Cars looking good Ryan
    Many thanks mate, I'm definitely happier now. Would like to sort the panel gaps due to the carbon and FG panels, but that's a job for another day.

Quote Originally Posted by nash`s View Post
    awesome pics of the motor, really do hope you decide to keep it mate. be a shame to sell seeing as youve not long had it running on its new setup.
    Thanks mate, I would like to keep it as well and to be honest, having had some more seat time, I do want to. But at the moment it would make more sense not to have a hobby car like this for me.

Quote Originally Posted by enzo View Post
    Just beautiful is that Ryan.
    You must never ever put a front number plate on that bumper. Ever.
    Many thanks dude, very kind words. I'm not a front plate man which I understand makes me 'that guy' but I can live with it.

Rides
    Just out of interest what are the wheel specs and tyre sizes you're using?

And do you have any video's of the spa track day as i really want to book one next year!

Rides
    That is one nice looking car to be proud of.